Notices

BOATPIX.com

Old 10-30-2008, 09:33 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottiguy
They just sent me some pics, I thought they sucked! Might as well have been taken from the top of a pontoon boat. I paid 25 bucks and sent them back.
They also charged the initial shipping on my credit card after I sent mine back. Cost me $50 just to turn down some poor pics
Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Seems to me most of issue here is the business approach/process of these guys; sending pics unsolicted, with what more or less amounts to a bill, and having to spend money to opt-out for something you didn't ask for in the first place. That's questionable, at best.

While there may be a few -- right now I can't think of any other legitimate business model that operates that way.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Registered

Smile Boatpix

I'm the President of BOATPIX and log on occasionally. Yes, I'm a speedboat guy myself. I think I photographed my first poker run in Maryland in 1990. Photographed more poker runs and races than I can count. I think there are people that want to buy pictures and they do. These people report in these threads that they have had great experiences with our company and usually the list that they are repeat customers. I think most of our customers are happy. We sure try darn hard to make them happy.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatpix
I'm the President of BOATPIX and log on occasionally. Yes, I'm a speedboat guy myself. I think I photographed my first poker run in Maryland in 1990. Photographed more poker runs and races than I can count. I think there are people that want to buy pictures and they do. These people report in these threads that they have had great experiences with our company and usually the list that they are repeat customers. I think most of our customers are happy. We sure try darn hard to make them happy.
I dont have a problem with you taking a pic of my boat, and ASKING if I want to buy it, but please dont mail them to me, and then expect ME to pay the shipping back to you if i dont want them. In fact with todays modern technology, why not e-mail them and save both me and you $$$. Oh yeah, you cant get my e-mail from reg #'s
Old 07-01-2009, 02:18 PM
LZH
Registered

I'm sure you do have some repeat customers and others who have been happy. But, as you can see from this thread and others....your business model STINKS.
One of your choppers took pics of my Cig last Memorial Day out near Catalina island. I'm sure it was a good shot, but I went to your website and read about how to get the pics and immediatly walked away from my computer and never looked back.
Asking a customer to spend money upfront for something they have never seen is absurd. Furthermore, making the pay return shipping if and when they are unhappy with the product only shows your lack of faith in your product.
Get with the program and wake up. You could double or triple your profits if you simply revised your business model. Take digital photos and post them all on you website. It is ery easy to protect the photos from being copied and you can watermark them as well. Then, all the customer has to do is select the photos they KNOW they want, send payment via PayPal and you send them high rez digital images electronically.
How hard is that ?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

You might want to have your "Chopper" pilots review the FAR's on flying low taking pictures..ie within 500 feet.

FAR's (FEDERAL AVIATION REGULATIONS)

the FAA loves to REVOKE a Pilot's certificate for such actions.

I am a 10,000+ hour Pilot and I was NOT IMPRESSED by the stick jockey that was attempting to take pictures of my boat and others.

FAR PART 91.113 Careless and reckless operation of an aircraft
Old 07-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Boatpix,
I think you were at the NYC Poker Run. I would love to view the pics and possibly make a purchase but think its absurd that you cannot open your website and view the pics. To fill out that form is ridiculous.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
LZH
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Boatpix,
I think you were at the NYC Poker Run. I would love to view the pics and possibly make a purchase but think its absurd that you cannot open your website and view the pics. To fill out that form is ridiculous.
Exactly - The second I saw that I realized these people operate in the stone ages. Who the hell fills out forms and uses the mail anymore ????
Welcome to the digital age, Boatpix....the fact that you are even here posting on an Internet BBS if evidence that you do in fact realize the benefit of digital commerce. I'm not trying to be a jerk here....just trying to help you provide a better product. There is nothing more valuable than unsolicited customer feedback.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Is this Tom ?

I remember when you had that Top Gun with 1000's and 3's that you kept at Everglades...
Old 07-01-2009, 06:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Boatpix,
ACTIVE FUN,

I shot the NY Poker Run again this year.

Be sure to check out my site. You can view them them all right online.

And thanks to my sponsors, I am able to bring this event's prices at a sizable discount for a limited time.

Any questions feel free to call or email. Email is usually best.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: BOATPIX.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.