Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1200+ hp Skater 399 V (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198235-1200-hp-skater-399-v.html)

thunderusone 04-21-2009 11:39 AM

I have a pair of 925's that make well over 1,000hp of Eddies that run like raped apes. The drivability is like a pair of 500's. I would say 525's.....but they run cleaner.:D

Frequency 04-21-2009 12:27 PM

Better watch out people. If Eddie's head gets any bigger he'll tip over.

:evilb:

NEVERSATISFIED 04-21-2009 02:09 PM

Eddie
Thanks, I have nothing invested in this thread but as a do-it-yourselfer enjoy learning from great builders like yourself. I know this project will be top shelf and one of the more memorable builds. GREAT JOB!!!!!!
Steve

ZXXX Donzi 04-21-2009 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Frequency (Post 2849301)

No doubt. I have some riggin that needs to be done before Eddie gets feeling too good about himself:ernaehrung004:

Last week I fired upthat 850 Eddie built for me. First lick of the ignition and it fired right up. It idled like a 500 EFI, only much louder!

thunderusone 04-21-2009 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 2849399)
No doubt. I have some riggin that needs to be done before Eddie gets feeling too good about himself:ernaehrung004:

Last week I fired upthat 850 Eddie built for me. First lick of the ignition and it fired right up. It idled like a 500 EFI, only much louder!

I can testify to that...one lady hit the ground last year over here no chit. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!

Bob280Silencer 04-21-2009 05:01 PM

Just read the whole thread(again)I've set up and raced sports cars(much easier that boats!) for almost 30 years,if that was the extent of your problems,you didn't really have any problems.Thanks for a great thread.You made a great boat even better. Bob

ZXXX Donzi 04-21-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 2849509)
I can testify to that...one lady hit the ground last year over here no chit. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!

Then there was the guy that was complaining about loud boats.:party-smiley-004: Yes son, all that silent choice does is to make the boats sound loud!

Yours just run to smooth for big carb engines. I think that I will actually miss that small blower lope!

Young Performance 04-21-2009 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Frequency (Post 2849301)

You better watch out.....I have your boat:evilb:

Young Performance 04-21-2009 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED (Post 2849391)
Eddie
Thanks, I have nothing invested in this thread but as a do-it-yourselfer enjoy learning from great builders like yourself. I know this project will be top shelf and one of the more memorable builds. GREAT JOB!!!!!!
Steve

Thank you Steve. Don't hesitate to contact me if I can help you out with some help of advice.

Originally Posted by Bob280Silencer (Post 2849523)
Just read the whole thread(again)I've set up and raced sports cars(much easier that boats!) for almost 30 years,if that was the extent of your problems,you didn't really have any problems.Thanks for a great thread.You made a great boat even better. Bob

Thanks Bob. I agree, not much in the way of problems. I took the boat out today and everything is great. It ran excellent and I was able to get a good bit of the fine tuning done. One more trip tomorrow should about do it.

Young Performance 04-21-2009 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 2849509)

That was soooo funny. Poor lady didn't know whether to $hit, run or go blind.