Notices

1200+ hp Skater 399 V

Old 11-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeYouThere
Very nice. Why are you turning the boost down for actual use? Does the higher boost make it wear out too soon, or is there another reason not to use as much boost as you can?
I was only looking for 1200 hp. I don't know that the boat is going to be able to handle even that much power. I couldn't hold the engine at that boost level for more than a few seconds at wide open. The dyno would not hold it. I would want to see that everything was going to be OK. Everything looked good for the amount of time we ran it, but it will get held wide open in the boat for longer than that. It has a warranty and I want to be sure it is good to go.
I would have to run it in the boat wide open myself before I gave it to the customer with that much boost on 93 octane. Now if we put a little more octane in it, then no problem. We can actually go a little higher than that. But like I said, the main reason is that I sold the customer 1200 hp.
Eddie
Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

sweet looking deals......how many hours do you think you think for top end and complete rebuilds
Old 11-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice job BIG Daddy , good #s is that raw hp , or corrected ??? what heads , Jessel valve train ,& what cam ??? dayum nice combination

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 11-02-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I was only looking for 1200 hp. I don't know that the boat is going to be able to handle even that much power. I couldn't hold the engine at that boost level for more than a few seconds at wide open. The dyno would not hold it. I would want to see that everything was going to be OK. Everything looked good for the amount of time we ran it, but it will get held wide open in the boat for longer than that. It has a warranty and I want to be sure it is good to go.
I would have to run it in the boat wide open myself before I gave it to the customer with that much boost on 93 octane. Now if we put a little more octane in it, then no problem. We can actually go a little higher than that. But like I said, the main reason is that I sold the customer 1200 hp.
Eddie
Looks great my chalmation brother and comes with a warranty!!! Nice numbers good to see your still enjoying your dream. Seems like not that long ago you were cleaning parts and learning your trade. Decades seem to fly by. Keep up the awhsome work.
Attached Thumbnails 1200+ hp Skater 399 V-img_0473.jpg  
Old 11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Very cool! Let us know how she runs!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

nice work eddie looks like it wants to rev!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

With out a doubt a great project..... But.... The 1075,s were not enough???
Old 11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Slingshot,
The engine will go between 125 and 150 hrs. At that time, the top end and valvetrain need to be done. The bottom end doesn't need it, but it should be done while your there and the engine is opened up.

RunningHot, aka BIG DADDY,
Thanks. The power is corrected. It was a good day so the correction was not very high.(about 55 hp) The heads are Brodix BB2Extra with a ton of port work. The cam.....I'll never tell

Keith,
It sure does fly by doesn't it. It doesn't seem that long ago I was helping to assemble your stuff while working for your brother. I consider myself very lucky to be able to make a living doing something that I truly love. Keep in touch. You know where to find me if you need anything....anytime.

Mike,
I was surprised it wanted to spin that high. I thought it would be out of cam by 6300. The quadrotors were done by 6200, and they were the same setup. I have been getting away from the Darts, since the Brodix heads have been making some good power on the last few engines I used them on. I think the Darts may have been a better choice for these engines. Talk to you soon, Eddie.

Thanks everyone else. I'll will keep you guys posted with pics and data.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

Ho wow , very nice work , keep the picture coming !!!!!
Thanks for sharing ....

Quick Reply: 1200+ hp Skater 399 V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.