April Apba Race In Daytona

Notices

April Apba Race In Daytona

Old 03-13-2002, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Guys!
We're planning on being there. We had a great time last year. What a great place for a race. It's kind of hard to see the boats, sometimes, though! The swells just seem to swallow them up.

From what I saw last year, I would never think of going out there to watch in my size boat. If I remember correctly last year, there were 9-12'ers.

From last year:
Attached Thumbnails April Apba Race In Daytona-mvc-100f.jpg  
Old 03-13-2002, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

And another:
Attached Thumbnails April Apba Race In Daytona-mvc-112f.jpg  
Old 03-13-2002, 12:25 PM
TulsaLarry

Great shot of YAHOO splitting the sheets.
The course this year will be four miles up the coast and should have better viewing for the fans.
Wish I could go.

Old 03-13-2002, 01:02 PM
loosecannon22

Well the water is always big this time of year, but we made it out there last year, hell, i saw a 17 foot boston whaler out there last time.
I am going to take off thursday and friday too, as I am sure that there will be lots of boaters in town to have some fun with.
I will have to check with my unemployed better half, maybe we can carpool those days. there are some great places to eat at the canaveral inlet. Rustys comes to mind, its a hooters type of resturaunt for sea food. very long ride down there especialy if its rough. I think i will leave the 22 on the trailer.
Paul I cant wait to see that monster, you have to be going nuts without a boat, how many more days?

Old 03-14-2002, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how long it would take to go from Daytona to Jax by the Intracoastal? How about Ponte Vedra?
Old 03-14-2002, 12:28 PM
loosecannon22

I would guess that it would take about 3-4 hours start to finish

Old 03-14-2002, 02:06 PM
Registered

Wild & I will be there. Would love to be in the poker run but Wilds' boat is in Ft. Lauderdale.
Old 03-14-2002, 04:31 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

Poker face,

From vilano beach (st augustine) to jax is about 30 minutes by ocean ( or less depending on speed and water conditions) on the ICW there is a 6 mile sretch between jax and st augustine that is no wake zone ( brutal in the summer ) count on another 1 1/2
to 2 hrs to ponce inlet depending on ocean or ICW. there are a lot of no wake zones on the ICW. Hope that helps.
Old 03-15-2002, 12:12 AM
Registered

PokerFace
At least four hours, I did it two years ago from Jax to Daytona and it took us about that long. It's a pretty scenic ride though. One thing that is hard to find in Daytona is 93 octane fuel. I usually fill up on the trailer before the boat goes in the water. I can arrange for a fuel truck if enough people need to get fuel. Sounds like a lot of people are going to be in town, should be a good time. Anytime Billy .
Old 03-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Registered

Hey guys we are supposed to pick up the new ride tuesday morning at 9:00A.M. hopefully cigarette will have it ready. So far they have lived up to everything they have promised, actually it has been a great experience working with them. I have tried to post a picture of the boat but it tells me the picture is to wide and I don't have a clue on how to make it smaller. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: April Apba Race In Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.