Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   STOLEN POWERPLAY!!! S Florida (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198378-stolen-powerplay-s-florida.html)

Indy 11-05-2008 04:15 PM

ttt

cowisl 11-05-2008 05:33 PM

unreal..we will be on the look out. you cant hide that boat.

JROMY 11-05-2008 06:00 PM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, calls, etc. The owner of the storage yard has one day that may be of interest on the video tapes, but we are still waiting to hear from a detective to review the tape. I got a call this afternoon from a board member who saw the boat October 28th (a week ago which means the boat was stolen within 3 days of my moving it to the storage yard). It was on the trailer on the side of I-595W where it merges with 75N Alligator Alley underneath an overpass before you hit the tolls for Alligator Alley. He told me that the boat definately had no drives and appeared to also be missing both motors from what he could see at 70mph. He commented that he couldn't believe someone would leave a new boat unattended to at the side of the road. I immediately drove there this afternoon, but as expected the boat was gone. I contacted Florida Highway Patrol and they did not tow it, and neither did FDOT. I'll be contacting towing companies tomorrow (although they technically should be on file with the FHP if they towed it). I also stopped and handed out fliers to road workers excavating part of the road. Unfortunately no luck - it appears that it was abandoned under the bridge and the hull and trailer was picked up by someone else. Please continue to keep your eyes open because it appears to me that the hull and trailer may very well still be nearby, and are not in a shipping container or docked in Bimini. Also, the motors are Mercury Racing 525's OM901148 and OM901151. Drives are ITS shorties.

AB From Windsor 11-05-2008 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by JROMY (Post 2732689)
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, calls, etc. The owner of the storage yard has one day that may be of interest on the video tapes, but we are still waiting to hear from a detective to review the tape. I got a call this afternoon from a board member who saw the boat October 28th (a week ago which means the boat was stolen within 3 days of my moving it to the storage yard). It was on the trailer on the side of I-595W where it merges with 75N Alligator Alley underneath an overpass before you hit the tolls for Alligator Alley. He told me that the boat definately had no drives and appeared to also be missing both motors from what he could see at 70mph. He commented that he couldn't believe someone would leave a new boat unattended to at the side of the road. I immediately drove there this afternoon, but as expected the boat was gone. I contacted Florida Highway Patrol and they did not tow it, and neither did FDOT. I'll be contacting towing companies tomorrow (although they technically should be on file with the FHP if they towed it). I also stopped and handed out fliers to road workers excavating part of the road. Unfortunately no luck - it appears that it was abandoned under the bridge and the hull and trailer was picked up by someone else. Please continue to keep your eyes open because it appears to me that the hull and trailer may very well still be nearby, and are not in a shipping container or docked in Bimini. Also, the motors are Mercury Racing 525's OM901148 and OM901151. Drives are ITS shorties.

Could the Department of Highways have a video of the boat at alligator Alley before or at the Toll. also check with them and see if they have any camera on the Highway. You have a date for them to be able to check it out.

Perlmudder 11-05-2008 07:00 PM

wow. thats a beautiful boat, hope you get it back....:mad:

rchevelle71 11-05-2008 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor (Post 2732701)
Could the Department of Highways have a video of the boat at alligator Alley before or at the Toll. also check with them and see if they have any camera on the Highway. You have a date for them to be able to check it out.

That is almost definitely why they dumped it there............Before the tollbooth:mad:

AB From Windsor 11-05-2008 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2732737)
That is almost definitely why they dumped it there............Before the tollbooth:mad:

Maybe there are other camera's some where on the Highway. The boat had to go some where.

jeff32 11-05-2008 07:13 PM

nice looking boat... even if I'm far, I'll keep an eye open, we never know!

Good luck...

talon25 11-05-2008 10:49 PM

Come on Florida boys, keep your eyes open, I believe this was the last 33 built by PowerPlay and that makes her kinda special.

Jromy, We all missed running with you on the Long Island Sound this summer, hope you get her back soon.
Morgan

JROMY 11-06-2008 01:32 AM

The power of OSO....!

Mike (The Donz), I can't thank you enough for getting ahold of me tonight and spotting the boat. I'll post more tomorrow, but boat (hull) is back in amazingly good shape. I am extremely happy to have it back. Motors, drives, and tabs are gone from the boat (extremely cleanly removed) and from all appearances are ready to bolt right into place on another boat. If anyone knows of a blank hull that suddenly appears in the next couple days with 525's and ITS, we'll have the next piece of the puzzle. Witnesses report a grey diesel truck, white male with a ballcap leaving the boat in Palmetto Bay- Old Cutler and 168th Street in an empty field next to Starbucks. Police pulled numerous prints off the boat - hopefully we have a hit. Thanks again to everyone that has contacted me. I am almost as in much shock right now to have the boat back as I was to have it disappear!!