Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
STOLEN POWERPLAY!!! S Florida >

STOLEN POWERPLAY!!! S Florida

Notices

STOLEN POWERPLAY!!! S Florida

Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to here you got it back and the cops took prints, they didn't do dick for me and so there more power better drive going in mine now you should do the same and talk to DEAN GELLNER MR. HORSEPOWER here on oso, he builds so nice stuff. I am getting a 572 from him with good parts. you can go efi or carb with him , with out merc will charge for 525s you could go up in horse power and be reliable to and save money hes proven builder to for OL and others in racing boats in kw now there going for gold now. Ican't wait to hit the water this spring after 2 years. artie
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jromy please check your PM's..
Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered

Jromy, I'm sure all will end up working out. Glad you have the hull back at least, now just to hang the scum by their sack and we'd all be happy
Old 11-07-2008, 09:41 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Jromy, I live right by there, the guy who owns that field is a friend of mine.... in fact his last name is the same as mine.... was the truck a pewter/grey Chevy 4x4 Xcab dually diesel?? I see him virtually every morning around there, always southbound on Old Cutler around 6:20-6:30 every morning, he has always had several different boats in tow when i've seen him, the last one about 2 weeks ago didn't have any trailer lights hooked up and THAT caught my eye... in fact he and I fuel up at the Marathon station that adjoins that field a couple times a week.. I can positive ID that truck if it's the one i'm thinking about... and, my son-in-law is a cop who has a real GOOD connection with PBay Police Dept...

PM me..

Jim

Last edited by BUIZILLA; 11-07-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Registered

Glad to hear you got the boat back, good luck getting those scums and with the insurance claim.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Guys - please continue to forward me the information you have been. It has been extremely helpful. Pieces of the puzzle are continuing to fall into place. The truck Buizilla descibes perfectly fits the description of the vehicle that was spotted leaving the boat in the yard. In case any of these details rings a bell, here is some more information: The boat is missing the white cushion that is velcoed to the sundeck on Powerplays. It is also missing a blue cockpit cover, and one aluminum wheel from the trailer (studs were broken off, but hub freely spins). Whoever took the boat lifted it up and then set it back down on an old purple boat cover, which they wrapped up over the swim platform with bungee cords to hide the holes with the missing drives. They also used black spraypaint on my transom to make the spots where the trim tabs were stolen blend in (if you looked behind the cover). According to the OSO member that saw the boat on the 28th, he could clearly see the drives were missing, so the cover must have been put on after that.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered

get em boys, get em
Old 11-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JROMY
. They also used black spraypaint on my transom to make the spots where the trim tabs were stolen blend in (if you looked behind the cover). According to the OSO member that saw the boat on the 28th, he could clearly see the drives were missing, so the cover must have been put on after that.

So they read OSO also??

Sounds like we may find out who is doing this before long. Hopefully they took the wrong boat this time.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbojack
So they read OSO also??

Sounds like we may find out who is doing this before long. Hopefully they took the wrong boat this time.
It certainly appears that they do read OSO. They also knew Powerplay's and knew where the hidden circuit breakers are that open the engine hatch. Thankfully, after a bit of a slow start, I have the Sheriff's department completely involved now and things are starting to move.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you posted the engine serial numbers. I will watch for them on any surveys I do. Be sure to register them with MerCruiser.

Quick Reply: STOLEN POWERPLAY!!! S Florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.