Fun Run to Elliott Key Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 29 >

Fun Run to Elliott Key Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 29

Notices

Fun Run to Elliott Key Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 29

Old 11-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK,

I just tested the Pantera, and it still has a getting hot problem, only at certain RPM's, but one of those is wide open throttle

Does anyone have an open seat for me? I can run the boat, but I would have to back down every once in a while to let it cool, and I dont want to hold anyone up, I will kick in for Gas, food , Beer etc.

I now know its not fuel pressure though, fuel and water pressure were fine, could be water volume, or something with the carbs. Runs right up to 5200 and 55mph with more if I trim it, so I am lost??? I have another set of carbs, intake, reeds, ECU, Coils, plenty of parts to diagnose, just no time, we are leaving for Dads tomorrow, and not returning until friday afternoon.

Rick
Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm by myself. Ride with me.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered

I was going to do the run in fort myers, maybe I will stay local and run with you guys. crandon park at 9:30?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick, I thought you mentioned earlier that you moved the motor up...if it is happening at WOT or close to, I am assuming you have some trim there as well....perhaps the motor is too high......just a quick thought....

.....also, since the "grounding", did you look at the impeller?...

your post is confusing because you jump from "still has a getting hot problem" right into carbs, intake and reeds, etc.....I don't get this...

finally, are you sure the sender or the gauge are not the problem re the temp......get a temp stick and stick it onto the head to see if it is really too hot.....or bring it down to the shop.....call me to discuss 305-989-8914

Jim....come on down......
Old 11-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jim B
I was going to do the run in fort myers, maybe I will stay local and run with you guys. crandon park at 9:30?

The fort myers run is great, but its a ride across, yeah, Crandon, 9:30.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
Rick, I thought you mentioned earlier that you moved the motor up...if it is happening at WOT or close to, I am assuming you have some trim there as well....perhaps the motor is too high......just a quick thought....

.....also, since the "grounding", did you look at the impeller?...

your post is confusing because you jump from "still has a getting hot problem" right into carbs, intake and reeds, etc.....I don't get this...

finally, are you sure the sender or the gauge are not the problem re the temp......get a temp stick and stick it onto the head to see if it is really too hot.....or bring it down to the shop.....call me to discuss 305-989-8914

Jim....come on down......
I raised it, but didnt like it so I lowered it again.

This has been happening since before the grounding, just happened to run good that day. I have had a fuel pressure problem since I have had this boat, I got that squred away, but it is still getting hot, it is either water volume, or running lean. I have replaced the water pump, and pressure is good, but not sure about volume at WOT. It also gets hot at just off idle(after a while), runs good in the midrange and gets hot at WOT after a long(a few miles) run. I am not sure where to go with it, but since I have carbs and stuff laying around, I figured I would throw them at it. I rebuilt the carbs on this motor when I first got it, but I dont really know what I am doing, so where I am at is a bad car making it run lean, excessive timing, which is ECU controlled, but could be a TPS setting issue, or just plain water volume.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Lets get a list of boats, and people count going so that we can figure out the food.

Here is what I have definite so far, but lets get a people count also, so we make sure there is enough food.........

Rays 26 AO 2 people
Franks 25
Angels 24
TimG 39 Cig
Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick you should do what Frank said and put a temp stick on the head to make sure the sender is not faulty.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xray50
Gibby's resort is located in upper Key Largo. From there you can run inside or ocean side. Winter down here the ocean can get rough but inside the most you're going to get is a nice chop! Your 26 will handle it. Gibby's is nothing spectacular but it's a place to stay. Give us a hollar when you come down and we'll run with ya.
Here's the link:
http://www.gilbertsresort.com/Welcome.html
Looks like a cool place can you also rent boats like ours?
Maybe if you can The best Idea would be to fly down to miami and the drive down and rent.

I dont want some POS down there though. I am spoiled by my sutphen.

We use to go down to miami and rent jet skis( GP1300'S) but I have a little kid now so I need a boat.
Can't stand going down there and not getting out on the water.
Thanks for the reply
Old 11-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

30ctsutphen. Pull the boat down here. Price of gas has dropped and if you're coming for a week or more you'll get mush more enjoyment from your boat than renting one! Got a good bunch of guys down here that will help for anything you might need. Where else can you do this during the winter months!
Attached Thumbnails Fun Run to Elliott Key Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 29-pb021776.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fun Run to Elliott Key Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 29

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.