Just wait till everyone is back from Key West, Ill bet this will go to 800 post in no time.
If it aint broke .... I can break it....
You as the administrator have seen people come and go. What really irks me is someone that signs into web sites to gain peoples trust and promote biz. There is nothing wrong with this practice however when the Fred Cecil's of the world screw people after they earn the respect from members have alot to be desired. I am sure you are monitoring LDD's actions on your site but charactor's in this league need to be stopped. I have done transactions with members here and have always had a good feedback. Only got burned once when I first signed up. As a consumer I will always research via google. LDD did not burn me but what someone needs to do is start a thread with his personel and biz name to allow "buyer beware" and the thread NOT to be poofed to let the consumer be the judge.
Ok so let me see the time line is something like this. Cliff Notes version...
1) LDD and buyer strike a deal on the boat
2) LDD draws up a contract that favor HIS interests much more then the buyer.
3) Buyer sees that the boat was damaged at the ramp while launching as was the trailer
4) Buyer asks for a survey from LDD and never gets it. LDD assures him that it was sent but never does.
5) Buyer gets cold feet because LDD is not providing the requested information.
6) The final payment is not sent on time (or ever)
7) LDD talks to the buyer 3 days after the final payment was due and tells him to pound sand even though the buyer offers to pay the balance when he gets down there to actually see the boat.
8) LDD puts the boat up for sale again on ebay. He waites for the auction to end how ever many days later and accepts a little over 17K for the boat that he sold the original buyer for almost 30K
9) LDD never offers to send the difference of the sale price back to buyer untill much later when he is confronted by others.
10) The confusing part is that it seems that the Ebay buyers did not buy the boat either and there are other people that got screwed out of the boat.
11) Buyer seemingly is going to take the lesson learned and vanish into obscurity and not go after LDD as he does not have the means to bring the suit.
12) Buyer in cassuall conversation with other board memebers tells the story and the other members get involved.
13) LDD puts up a post on OSO and tells the story and does not like what people so he deletes the thread.
14) New thread is up and we are finding out that LDD scammed others on the boat, deal gone bad with Joker, speaker deal gone bad.......
LDD honestly how can you not see the pattern. If you do not loose this case I will be shocked. First you can not take that much of a deposit and just decide to sell the boat for the balance owed. You have to get fair market value. The judge is not going to see fair market value of the boat at about half of what you agreed on with the origial buyer. Ebay does not get you fair market value on things such as boats. This IMO would fall under deciptfull practices and may depending on your state allow for tripple damages. LDD the funy part is that once they file the case your credit is going to be ruined and you will not be able to run the business as you have as you will not be able to get a loan with the dings on your credit. This is going to cost you HUGE. Forget about it being the correct or not thing to do, paying him back is likely the cheapest thing. I find it funny that you get involved in everyone elses dealings acting like a strong arm guy and then you screw people ten times worse. You are of the same ilk as Fred from Trick and a number of the other con artists that these boards have seen.
Put your best foot forward!
3a) LDD did not tell prostock about any of the damages, prostock read about the damage and saw the damages in pictures posted on Boatfreaks AFTER he had send the 14k
8a) LDD listed the boat on ebay, made a side deal with a guy for 18k, screwed him out of that as well and sold it off ebay to an unkown guy for $20,600
Scumbag!!?? where y'at LDD?
Aren't penalties more severe for internet fraud? Plus across state lines, and wire transfers???
Prostock and Nordic95, I'm curious if you have discussed this with your sheriff or Federal Marshall? I would say there is a good chance they could come up with a few charges against him! I would check it out for this reason(an experience I had).
I was buying stuff from a guy I met on ebay. Was kindda too good to be true but he was in my home state so I knew I had easy recourse. Well after a little time it happened and the guy was into me for over 3K. Kept stringing me along and then bam....filed bankruptcy on me and several others.
I went to my sheriff's office and we pressed charges(theft by deception,etc.) 2 days before his court date I got a call from his lawyer. Funds were overnighted and case was settled. If LDD files bankruptcy you may loose quite a bit. If he stands the chance of jailtime you might be surprised how quick that 14K will appear!
Of course you could be doin it Vegas style and hoping for tripple damages! Seriously, I bet there is some criminal intent in this deal and a case could be made if you wish to press charges.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine