Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Duck Dong (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong.html)

nordic95 11-06-2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by 007joe (Post 2733328)
I don't know any of you guys but these seem like what I was thinking.... I'm a car dealer and couldn't imagine if I was the seller on this deal.... The courts would hang me.... And then there's just good nature, seeing that the boat sold anyway, why profit from someones misfortune.... I've had a customer leave me a fairly large deposit for me to find them a specific car, when the time came that I found and purchased the car, the customer could not complete the transaction, at that point I held his deposit until I sold the car... He wasn't thrilled initially but it worked out for both of us as he got his money back and I still sold the car.

One party is a car/boat dealer here.

THEJOKER 11-06-2008 04:53 PM

Pathetic.............why am I not shocked? Give the kid his money back. I know of a very good lawyer if the kid needs some help. Have him call me and I'll get the ball rolling tomorrow.

THEJOKER 11-06-2008 05:02 PM

Ok I just sent the contract to my attorney. We'll see what he says.

FASTTIMES 11-06-2008 05:09 PM

SO THE BOAT WAS SOLD TO ANOTHER PARTY???????? I didn't have a chance to read the other thread before it was ceased

prostock85 11-06-2008 05:17 PM

For those whom have asked, I was at work

I chose to keep this private due to the PM I got towards the end of this stating that I will be contacted once "my financial situations get situated" or something to that affect.

Over the past 5 months I've been told everything from go down there and beat his ass to take him to court. First off, for those of you who have met me, I couldn't hurt someones feelings let alone kick anyones ass, and secondly, I thought I'd allow a determined period of time to let the situation be handled as an adult.

Well apparently, my uncle happens to be friends with some people on this board whom I did not know. He only recently heard my side of the story, since I remained quiet about this due to just being embarrassed that I feel as if I was scammed, basically raped. I am by no means wealthy. The money was inherited from my fathers passing, and is obviously not replaceable.

This will likely be my last post in public about this as I'm not a public person. I will refrain from making any assumptions about people character until a later date.

Back4More 11-06-2008 05:22 PM

I could see LLD keeping the $2k, but I would still most likely give that sum back also if I wasn't really out anything....hope you guys both come to a fair settlement, good luck.

RebarBox 11-06-2008 05:35 PM

LLD - contract or not, OSO - dead or alive. You and Prostock are both part of a boating community here...

Do the right thing.

fund razor 11-06-2008 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by northernoffshore (Post 2733386)
why did he buy the boat instead of letting his deposit sit with out contacting the seller? Why isn't he more vocal about his own cash? Why can't he defend himself about the problems in this deal? Did he want out to purchase another boat? Motive is the issue here.

I just got done reading his answers to that, and LDD hinted at the possible problem with the boat/trailer. I don't understand your post. Did you miss it?
Scroll up like ohhh.... 2 posts.

Pure Energy 11-06-2008 05:59 PM

Contract was written by a proffesional used car salesman acting as a private seller???? HHHHHMMMMMM.......

cauzmik 11-06-2008 06:12 PM

This isn't about what you say it is Long Dong Duck...this is about common courtesy...It clearly states that the $2000 is non-refundable but it says nothing of the sort for the other 12k...you need to do the right thing here and maybe some people on this site and in this community will still have some respect for you afterwards. Would you want this to happen to you?...or your children?

Grow up and be a man...your going to end up paying a hell of a lot more back to him after court anyways so you should just save yourself some money and refund the 12,000.