Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Duck Dong (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong.html)

fund razor 11-11-2008 06:22 PM

Umm... no... two lawyers each telling a client that they are right does not actually translate to a 50/50 chance of successful litigation. Y'all.
The evidence and existing contract law have something to do with it. The used car salesman's contract won't be viewed favorably.
No matter how niave the victim may have been. Y'all.

fabricator 11-11-2008 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by 29Firefox (Post 2737006)
Everybody seems to be on the side of the so called "victim" here. I'm on the side of ......SNIP..... one side is gonna lose. This means there is a 50% chance your lawyer is wrong!! :drink:

Interesting take on this situation.

fund razor 11-11-2008 06:27 PM

If I tell Fabricator that he is NOT going to win the lotto, and he tells me that I am NOT going to win the lotto.... we each have a 50/50 chance. :D

Stinger390X 11-11-2008 06:31 PM

I have been on this board for some time now and actually I purchased my present boat off this very site from another member. All our transactions went well and we still email each other even a year after the purchase to keep up with things like how the boat is running and telling each other our tall tales.
We actually became friends..................(hi Todd)

I can't imagine a guy like this LDD and the way he is conducting himself, hiding behind a photocopied piece of paper and claiming rictousness from this parchment? WTF?

Do the right thing man and give the guy back his money you )(*&^%$#!

UNBELIEVEABLE!

I even went to the links which were posted by others in this site, and by the way thank you to those individuals who posted them, regarding the other scams this LDD is pulling to keep all of us informed, like the speakers he took money for and never delivered and the other boat that he tried to sell that he never owned.
I saw the pics of his house over on the boatfreaks site that he claims he now owns and his lavish life style. We can see now how he can afford such oppulance....by scamming others!
This guy is unbelieveable and I wonder how he sleeps at night? I would be worried some guy might walk up to me and put a bullet in my head if I conducted matters in the same way this guys does?

my two cents..........................................:fo od-smiley-007:

Powerplay25 11-11-2008 06:54 PM

I also bought my boat through this site from a dealer in Florida. After a number of conversations and many pictures, I sent him a deposit and flew down there. The dealer was fantastic and the boat (Powerplay) was everything he said it was. We took it out for a test on the water and finalized the deal.

Smooth as silk.

You see ldd, that seller had character and integrity. Two words you know nothing about.

bouyhunter 11-11-2008 07:02 PM

29 Firefox
If that is the way you feel, working the angle of the law by the "minute after midnight" is the right thing to do, Thank You for pointing that out, I'll remember not to do business with you.
Not because I have any intention of skirting a contract, or even so much as a handshake.
I'm just the kind of guy that wants to see it work out for both parties for the best, even if I take a few bucks less than what I expected, we're both doing alright on the deal. I'd rather make a couple bucks, instead of a pile of money, and be respected for being an honest guy. Wow, my integrity is worth more than a dollar. I'm sure you and LDD couldn't possibly fathom the thought of that.
But to work the angle of the "midnight minute", and then sell again, possibly twice...
I don't see where it will win in court, but I've seen stranger things happen in court rooms.
It doesn't make them right in the big scheme of things.
And I thought boaters always looked out for each other - I thought it was a Maritime law... Maybe I'm just nostalgic...

jayboat 11-11-2008 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor (Post 2737024)
If I tell Fabricator that he is NOT going to win the lotto, and he tells me that I am NOT going to win the lotto.... we each have a 50/50 chance. :D

Ummm... check your math... it's 50/50 only if you and Fabricator are the only two playing.

fabricator 11-11-2008 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2737075)
Ummm... check your math... it's 50/50 only if you and Fabricator are the only two playing.

Who said we were letting anyone else in on it? :ernaehrung004:

prostock85 11-11-2008 07:19 PM

I want in!! (lotto)

On a serious note, I do want to thank everyone for their support.

At this time there is still information being held. Basically, its assumed that LDD is being sued due to a contract, assumed... I'll leave it at that.

When/if this makes it to court, it will be made public.... Hell, come sit in on it.

See you there:drink:

gsmith9898 11-11-2008 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2737075)

I don't even read what you write. I always end up focusing on your avatar.:cool-smiley-027: