Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Duck Dong (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong.html)

searaycer 11-06-2008 06:26 PM

not taking any side, but read bottom paragraph of the "contract" if all monies are not received by said date No monies are to be returned- explains it all to me, once again taking no sides not my fight, just see everyone is saying nothin stated about additional money

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-06-2008 06:40 PM

Steve is a car salesman and knows the BIZ and the ins & outs :cool:

pachanga 11-06-2008 06:41 PM

LDD Contract or no contract, Only a sleezebag would keep that much money on a sale that went south. No court is going to let you keep that much money IMO. How can you not feel like a theif,cheat,scammer, etc.????

Boomer35 11-06-2008 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by pachanga (Post 2733431)
LDD Contract or no contract, Only a sleezebag would keep that much money on a sale that went south. No court is going to let you keep that much money IMO. How can you not feel like a theif,cheat,scammer, etc.????

sums it up, best post of the thread!

long duck dong 11-06-2008 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor (Post 2733393)
I just got done reading his answers to that, and LDD hinted at the possible problem with the boat/trailer. I don't understand your post. Did you miss it?
Scroll up like ohhh.... 2 posts.

Wrong, Anthonys time line proved today that nothing was mentioned by the buyer until after the payment due date came and past.....buyer never raised any issue because I verbally told him about the trailer and the dock rash....

Originally Posted by Pure Energy (Post 2733395)
Contract was written by a proffesional used car salesman acting as a private seller???? HHHHHMMMMMM.......

WTF?......I'm a car dealer, and I owned the boat...

Originally Posted by searaycer (Post 2733420)
not taking any side, but read bottom paragraph of the "contract" if all monies are not received by said date No monies are to be returned- explains it all to me, once again taking no sides not my fight, just see everyone is saying nothin stated about additional money

Finally someone can read......

Again not trying to bash anyone here....there is a difference of opinion that will be figured out when the time is right....

Wahoo ATV 11-06-2008 06:48 PM

Are you keeping the $ because you lost money, or are you keeping it because you think you out smarted someone and have the right to keep it?

I find it had to believe you lost 50% of the boat value when you resold it. Better make an Earl list!

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-06-2008 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by prostock85 (Post 2733366)
For those whom have asked, I was at work

I chose to keep this private due to the PM I got towards the end of this stating that I will be contacted once "my financial situations get situated" or something to that affect.

Over the past 5 months I've been told everything from go down there and beat his ass to take him to court. First off, for those of you who have met me, I couldn't hurt someones feelings let alone kick anyones ass, and secondly, I thought I'd allow a determined period of time to let the situation be handled as an adult.

Well apparently, my uncle happens to be friends with some people on this board whom I did not know. He only recently heard my side of the story, since I remained quiet about this due to just being embarrassed that I feel as if I was scammed, basically raped. I am by no means wealthy. The money was inherited from my fathers passing, and is obviously not replaceable.

This will likely be my last post in public about this as I'm not a public person. I will refrain from making any assumptions about people character until a later date.

scammed, basically raped. I am by no means wealthy. The money was inherited from my fathers passing, and is obviously not replaceable. Dayum BIG Daddy sorry to hear that ...

fund razor 11-06-2008 06:56 PM

low hanging fruit

stainless 11-06-2008 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by pachanga (Post 2733431)

EXACTLY!!!:ernaehrung004:

AB From Windsor 11-06-2008 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by prostock85 (Post 2733366)
For those whom have asked, I was at work

I chose to keep this private due to the PM I got towards the end of this stating that I will be contacted once "my financial situations get situated" or something to that affect.

Over the past 5 months I've been told everything from go down there and beat his ass to take him to court. First off, for those of you who have met me, I couldn't hurt someones feelings let alone kick anyones ass, and secondly, I thought I'd allow a determined period of time to let the situation be handled as an adult.

Well apparently, my uncle happens to be friends with some people on this board whom I did not know. He only recently heard my side of the story, since I remained quiet about this due to just being embarrassed that I feel as if I was scammed, basically raped. I am by no means wealthy. The money was inherited from my fathers passing, and is obviously not replaceable.

This will likely be my last post in public about this as I'm not a public person. I will refrain from making any assumptions about people character until a later date.

Prostock85, I really feel for you and hope that both parties can work this out. (Money Inherited from my Fathers Passing). I couldn't sleep at night, knowing this, no matter what that contract said.