11.98%
Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Long Duck Dong

Old 11-24-2008, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Lynch mob? How about the majority have ethics and agree the right thing to do is to return $12K. How does that translate to a lynch mob? It is simply a majority opinion.
If it was a true matter of ethics you would have to admit that both Donger & Pro Boy are in the wrong. In this case it's not a case of ethics it's a case of as you said "It is simply a majority opinion." It's my opinion that there is fault in both parties. However the majority's opinion is that idiots should be protected from their own stupidity and we'll cover for them by putting all the blame on the other party. Go ahead, humor me! Would you have signed that contract?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Firefos there is no doubt that both parties messed up. The problem that I have with this situation is that Pro is now out many thousands of dollars and has absolutely ZERO to show for it. Donger on the other hand sold the boat twice and has all the money from the last sale PLUS all the money that Pro paid him up to that time. You can not have your cake and eat it. As soon as Donger decided that he wanted to sell the boat to some one else then he should have given Pro his money back less the deposit that was clearly marked as non refundable. Again his own contract contradicts what he is doing and itself.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Firefos there is no doubt that both parties messed up. The problem that I have with this situation is that Pro is now out many thousands of dollars and has absolutely ZERO to show for it. Donger on the other hand sold the boat twice and has all the money from the last sale PLUS all the money that Pro paid him up to that time. You can not have your cake and eat it. As soon as Donger decided that he wanted to sell the boat to some one else then he should have given Pro his money back less the deposit that was clearly marked as non refundable. Again his own contract contradicts what he is doing and itself.
No doubt that both are wrong in this whole situation, but there has to be an acceptable compromise between the two parties. Ethics and feelings aside, there needs to be a COMPRIMISE. Leave the past for what it was and the contract as well. I don't have a dog in this fight, but as Fire has said...they are both wrong.

The more that the Donger agrees to pay Pro back, will show his true character, at least that's how the "mob" sees it. Figure it out and do what is agreeable to both parties. That will be fair. Bash Donger all you want, it won't make it any better. I'm not sticking up for anyone, I would like to see justice served and everyone happy with the agreement. I been a mediator before(right Anthony?) and I think both parties were satisfied at the outcome. That's all we can be supportive for these two.

Dave
Old 11-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
With all that said, why would anyone settle for 12k? i would be getting the whole 14k?

I agree no survey and damage that wasn't mentioned. He should get it all back
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by long duck dong
STFU already about "IF" I have "THE MONEY"....who the f*ck are you to assume anything?.....Did you not see pictures of my home and cars?....what in your wildest idiotic lamest assumption would make any of you think "IF" I have the money...

The rest of you need to STFU, mind your own business and back up and let progress be made toward a resolution.
Did I see the pictures of your home and cars? No I didn't. Did you post them? For that matter who the hell cares. That proves nothing but how much debt you have.

Your choice to respond to this issue on a public forum. People are going to voice their opinion. If you don't like it, too bad.

Right now it looks like the majority is 99% against you. Are we all wrong?

Have some integrity and give Prostock back the $14,000.

Last edited by Powerplay25; 11-24-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 29Firefox
1st i was lowest bidder by about $500. 2nd albeit I used the engine manufacturers spray touch up I match colored the gears to the engines. Nobody else included that in their bids. 3d because of the time constraints everybodies bids specified dry alignment only. Mines did too however I skipped lunch and finished 5 hours ahead of schedule. Did the dry alignment but left the shafts disconected and had them launch the boat. Let it sit in the water for 3 hours and went back and rechecked the alignment port was OK starboard needed .25 mm worth of shims added to the rear mounts and it was then dead on. The wet alignment was above and beyond the contract. But thats not breaking the contract thats just good service. Finished with 15 minutes to spare. Just because I ain't on the screw Donger band wagon doesn't make me his butt buddy. It's just that I don't see this as a one way wrong situation. Both parties were in the wrong. Just answer me one question the same one I asked Audio! Would you have signed that contract as the Donger wrote it?
First things first. At 11:00 am you said you made $3500 today. Then you said you finished 5hrs. early and let it sit in the water for 3 hrs., then re-shimmed it. WOW, you must get up early in the morning!! Or are you saying that you got your check today for the work performed and made a $3500 profit??

I can't say if I would have signed that contract or not. If I had a strong desire for that boat, if it was in my price range and no others were available, I may have been coersed/pressured into signing it. If there were comparable cats of the same brand or others, probably not. I'm not saying he was pressured but a pro salesman would know how to push the deal through!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
No doubt that both are wrong in this whole situation, but there has to be an acceptable compromise between the two parties. Ethics and feelings aside, there needs to be a COMPRIMISE. Leave the past for what it was and the contract as well. I don't have a dog in this fight, but as Fire has said...they are both wrong.

The more that the Donger agrees to pay Pro back, will show his true character, at least that's how the "mob" sees it. Figure it out and do what is agreeable to both parties. That will be fair. Bash Donger all you want, it won't make it any better. I'm not sticking up for anyone, I would like to see justice served and everyone happy with the agreement. I been a mediator before(right Anthony?) and I think both parties were satisfied at the outcome. That's all we can be supportive for these two.

Dave
Dave you are right 100%.Because of you Mike and I got thru a tough time,and now him and I can talk about it.Thats what I am trying to do here between these two parties.But both will have to take some credit for the screw up and compromise.I just think this compromise would have to be 80% on LDD part if not a little more.
Anthony
Old 11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
First things first. At 11:00 am you said you made $3500 today. Then you said you finished 5hrs. early and let it sit in the water for 3 hrs., then re-shimmed it. WOW, you must get up early in the morning!! Or are you saying that you got your check today for the work performed and made a $3500 profit??

I can't say if I would have signed that contract or not. If I had a strong desire for that boat, if it was in my price range and no others were available, I may have been coersed/pressured into signing it. If there were comparable cats of the same brand or others, probably not. I'm not saying he was pressured but a pro salesman would know how to push the deal through!!!

Funny part is he posted that at 11:00 am our time,he is three hours behind us.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Registered

No-one ever has said Prostock does not bear some burden for the sour grapes in this deal.
His biggest fault is being young, naive and TRUSTING of a fellow boater!
He should loose his 2K deposit and that will I'm sure teach him a lesson that there are people in this world who WILL take advantage of him and that have no problem operating thru the back door, while at the same time leaving the front door open just a crack.
Someone's true character has played out in this thread time and time again, just read. There is a snake in the grass in this deal and Prostock ain't it.
Thank God for this thread to out yet another TWO BIT SCAM ARTIST on OSO!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
Something tells me there's more to this boat ...

http://kitterypoint.olx.com/1984-chr...e-iid-12210360

Notice the photo is one that he used to show the boat on BF

Is that the same boat? Looks like the price is dropping

Quick Reply: Long Duck Dong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.