Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Duck Dong (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong.html)

Connor 11-25-2008 05:10 PM

Count as of 11/25/09

Prostock-3812

LDD-1

thedonz 11-25-2008 06:15 PM

it never ceases to amaze me how misinformed some people are about the law....but it is certainly fun to read at times.....I have no opinion here because I am not aware of all the facts, despite what someone may claim are "all the facts".....but as a trial lawyer who litigates these types of agreements on a daily basis.........and a marine business owner that deals with these types of agreements on a daily basis.......I can only caution the parties that, in law, issues are rarely "clearly black or white"........there are many legal principles that affect an agreement that are outside the agreement itself.......if either party here is being counseled that they have a slam dunk case, well then, I would suggest you get a second opinion.... but the only way either party is going to win here, in court, is if there is an attorneys' fees provision in the contract allowing the "prevailing party" to also receive his attorneys' fees and costs.....otherwise, you both lose by going to court, because litigation costs and attorneys fees to fully litigate this matter will greatly exceed the relative value of what the parties are fighting over........good luck in getting this resolved.........

nordic95 11-25-2008 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 2747231)
Im staying out of this mess:party-smiley-004:

Now theres a first:grinser010:

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-25-2008 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by OffshoreOnIy (Post 2747201)
This is absolutely the biggest crock of chit I have ever read or seen.
Not taking sides with LDD he is an idiot. Can’t hold his tongue to save his life.
PS is a bigger idiot. Looking for a bail out form all of OSO for help to his teeny bopper screw up.
Most of you legal and moral experts need to shut the phuk up. If LDD has any brain cells he can sue IB, OSO and everyone involved ruining (may be further, but that is irrelevant here) his reputation due to all this LDD bashing. And all of you LDD bashers and PS supporters, think about a few things.
Many of you are businessmen. Some have employees. You send out invoices. You RELY on timely payment so you can pay your bills, and wages. One of your customers decides that he will pay you later. No matter why. You don’t get the funds you need to pay your employees. You have to borrow money or cash in CD’s. Do you think you employees care? Do you think your suppliers care why you didn’t get YOUR funds, and why you can’t pay your bills now.?
LDD may be a low life for not doing the right think. Right think for whom? Your sorry azz little young idiot who signed a contract? He already has boats (or boats) he is buying a toy. There was consideration, there was an agreement. There was no duress. He phucked up. Plain and simple. All of you morons are just looking for attention on OSO with your idiotic comments. NO ONE KNOWS THE real history of events.
I have yet to see an attorney make a professional post.
The attorneys will have a field day with this, and all of you low life posters may get lucky if LDD’s wife or some one related to him (even in business) won’t sue IB, OSO and all the individuals for the bashing and liable.
LDD could lose the actual case (he won’t) and win bigger and more $ that he ever made if he play his cards right. I would. All of you can “bash” me all you want, but this thread is just sick.
LDD can’t regain his reputation, but he and PS could put and end to this. Why should LDD pay the $12K? Everyone will forgive him? Become best of buddies? Where is the logic and the “reasonable gain” for moneys returned? No where.
LDD needs to offer a reasonable amount to settle. And it’s not $14k not even $12K. Quit dreaming. You guys feel sorry for the little kid, but “little kids” 18+ drive millions worth of equipment and make life and death decisions in the military every day. So forget it. He needs to grew up and learn.
“Reasonable offer” >> $12k minus any expenses and cost for “damage control” for breach of contract by the baby woss PS. (Backed up with documentation) or the difference of LDD selling the boat and his losses/gains due to contract breach.
PS… Think about what you might gain or loose. Quit asking help on OSO, how much to settle, etc. it’s your choice. You walk away anything over $6K, consider yourself lucky.
LDD !!! Work to get this settled. AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH WITH ALL THE BS COMMENTS.!!! GGGIIIEEESSSHHH.
OK. no one likes LDD. Fine. Don’t deal with him. Ignore him. Most of you have no clue about contracts, life and reality. Just a bunch of internet chit heads hiding behind a screen.
Nordic. !!! you can be in so much legal trouble… I would hide until this blows over.
OSO / IB. !!! Ditto.. This thread is totally against your licensing in “public media” it’s not even funny.
Anyone else can say what ever they want about the above. I won’t be reading it or commenting on it anyways, and I just want to go back reading about boats. I have spoken. (and on the light side, this is more typing that I have done in the last decade).. GGGRRRRRRRRRrrrr

Steve you forgot to sign it :party-smiley-004:

Pete280 11-25-2008 07:03 PM

I would love to hear the testimony in court on how a guy on the internet named Long Duck Dong was libeled,

PARADOX 11-25-2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz (Post 2747280)
it never ceases to amaze me how misinformed some people are about the law....but it is certainly fun to read at times.....I have no opinion here because I am not aware of all the facts, despite what someone may claim are "all the facts".....but as a trial lawyer who litigates these types of agreements on a daily basis.........and a marine business owner that deals with these types of agreements on a daily basis.......I can only caution the parties that, in law, issues are rarely "clearly black or white"........there are many legal principles that affect an agreement that are outside the agreement itself.......if either party here is being counseled that they have a slam dunk case, well then, I would suggest you get a second opinion.... but the only way either party is going to win here, in court, is if there is an attorneys' fees provision in the contract allowing the "prevailing party" to also receive his attorneys' fees and costs.....otherwise, you both lose by going to court, because litigation costs and attorneys fees to fully litigate this matter will greatly exceed the relative value of what the parties are fighting over........good luck in getting this resolved.........

Good point Donz.. I did try to get this across to both in a post and their PM.. I hope they read this as well as my PM and think about a resolution.

mikes280 11-25-2008 09:14 PM

who is offshoreonIy and when did you sp. only with a I

spilman 11-25-2008 09:31 PM

what a tool!

MSD 11-25-2008 09:49 PM

Mikes280, my guess would be that the name OSO spelled correctly is already taken so he changed a letter to make it look like OSO.

offshoreonIy, you better do some more research, because multiple courts have already ruled that internet boards are not responsable for what the posters say. So IB is not going to be sued for anything.

for all the internet lawyers, you are all just guessing on the contract being legal or not. every states laws are different, so what is legal in Alabama is not always legal in some other state. If you are an Alabama lawyer that deals in contracts than you would most likely know the answer. If you are not one, than you don't know and should stop guessing. As someone said, the law is not always black and white.

just because most of us believe that ldd should give the money back, doesn't mean that Alabama law says so, and right or wrong, that is really all that matters. If ldd gave back all the money right now, nothing would change as far as how any of you feel about him, so what reason does he have to give it back? His reputation is mud, and its going to stay that way if he gives nothing, or if he gave the whole $14K back. As far as screwing up his life, legit crooks like National Marine and Trick Marine are still running around out there, and they both took far more than 14,000. I have never seen either of them taken to court yet. Somewhere it says that ldd has offered PS
some money. PS says that he wants to pay all the lawyer bills. What ever amount ldd is offering is probably more money than PS is going to get than if this goes to court. and he would get it a lot sooner. this could be in court for a long long time.

prostock is far from the "innocent" buyer here. he signed a stupid contract, and then waited months to say anything about it. being in his late 20's makes him far more than a "kid" as some of you have called him. The fact that he "trusted" the seller has nothing to do with being stupid and sending that much money sight unseen to someone that he only knew from the internet.

Everytime ldd posts, dozens of people add to this thread, which is like pouring gas on a fire. If you ignore his posts, he will stop posting. Right now, if no lawyers are involved, than ldd and PS should be the only ones talking, in private. If lawyers are involved, than they should be doing all the talking.

socalstone 11-25-2008 09:51 PM

Good gawd. this is a goat rodeo!

LDD is being an azz no doubt. But now Prostock is making the same empty ""give you to the end of the day" threat he gave weeks ago.
I'm not sure which is worse.

Prostock, wake up and man up! chit or get off the pot!
Get a lawyer and get your money back or drop it and move on.