Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Duck Dong (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198449-long-duck-dong.html)

Powerplay25 11-25-2008 09:58 PM

Notice the low post count of the only ones on this thread who stuck up for ding dong.

offshore - 6 posts

msd - 4 posts

Smells a little fishy wouldn't you say?

MSD 11-25-2008 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Powerplay25 (Post 2747499)
Notice the low post count of the only ones on this thread who stuck up for ding dong.

offshore - 6 posts

msd - 4 posts

Smells a little fishy wouldn't you say?

In the first place, what does my post count have to do with anything?

In the 2nd place, I have been a member of OSO for more than 2 years. Its not like I just registered to post on this thread

and most important, which post of mine did you read where I stuck up for ldd? I didn't stick up for anyone.

I think they both made stupid decisions!

BattleCry 11-26-2008 12:00 AM

I am now dumber, having read this entire thread. This is the boat business! You don't give money for a boat sight-unseen! I'm 31 and have been around this business since I was 18 and even then, I wouldn't give money for a boat sight-unseen. Even so, the seller not informing you on the final day of the contract, that the contract is about to expire and asking you what you want do is a shi$$y way to do business. I, personally, always outline with the person, that I am doing business with, what will happen if payment is not received in a timely manner. But, then again, I have integrity and a name to uphold.

I understand that things come up and sometimes a deal may be a few weeks late. But, if you can't get away from work or other personal issues to take care of your $14,000 deal, how much did you really care about the deal? You really should have checked this guy out a little closer and handle the deal face-to-face. Its the best way to do business. I and a buddy of mine was involved in a deal with Fred Cecil in 2002 on a 28 Pantera. He came up from SC, looked the boat over, haggled a little, paid for the boat, and hauled it home. Two weeks later, he calls me and says he blew a drive and wants us to send him another one. After some fighting about it, we send him another bravo drive. The boat was sold as is. A month goes by and he calls again saying he blew another drive. He called me everything but a white man on this board during both incidents. Against better judgment, we send another drive. My buddy and I didn't want the bad press. I called Fred and asked him to send me the blown drives back so that I could get them redone. He told me to get FUCT! I made a big stink about it here on OSO but, he was well liked here at the time. Point is, most of the time, its cheaper and easier to take it on the chin than fight the battle of getting your integrity back. You just never know how things will turn out.

ZP'd 11-26-2008 06:50 AM

dumb dumb duck can't be banned from this site soon enough. He's already shown his colors and belongs on top of the OSO wall of shame. It's a easy vote to rid this community of a obvious snake in the grass.

Xchoke03 11-26-2008 04:42 PM

WOW, LDD is so damn cocky at this point that even though he is 110% slimeball he has gotten ballzy due to all the empty threats both legal or other.

ProS you have to step up and make a move, this POS is not going to wake up one morning and grow principles and send your money. He is actually getting pumped up by being the bad guy. He has flat out stated he is getting off on stirring everyone up.

Stand up for yourself bro.

LDD I would not get to brave, you keep egging everyone on and somebody that may not even have nothing to do with this situation at all may just decide to make an example of you and put their foot in your ass, or worse. Don't gloat over being a get over sc*m bag, it may bite you back hard financially or other.

spilman 11-26-2008 08:17 PM

LDD I would not get to brave, you keep egging everyone on and somebody that may not even have nothing to do with this situation at all may just decide to make an example of you and put their foot in your ass, or worse. Don't gloat over being a get over sc*m bag, it may bite you back hard financially or other.[/QUOTE]

One can only hope!.....I believe in karma and have experienced it on the positive side. It is not enough just to believe in the Lord; gratitude is an action word.
Patience and Faith.....but get off your butt, Prostock, and apply some pressure.

purrfection 11-27-2008 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by long duck dong (Post 2733208)
Here is the contract in black and white...

Nordic95 you can make any assumption you want....its in black and white with his signature....

Remaining balance was not in my office on 6/13/08 as agreed, buyer looses deposit as specified in the contract...

BTW....Where is Prostock85 in all of this? why cant he speak for himself? who shoved their arm up your @ss and made you his puppet?

You can make excuses and claim damage to the boat, trailer, or whatever....fact is payment was not here as agreed......I offered to return a portion, but Nordic refused my offer....I'll wait to go to court

Just a couple of questions, about the contract. Maybe in Alabama, the law is different than most states. Where are witness' signatures and where are notary/notaries' signature/signatures and stamp/stamps.

Jassman 11-27-2008 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by long duck dong (Post 2747196)
who cares on a forum board?......its the internet....I dont care what anyone on here thinks about me personally, morally, or any other way....

show's lack of integrity, morals...on a downhill spiral...very sad

boatme 11-27-2008 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2748420)
show's lack of integrity, morals...on a downhill spiral...very sad

What Jeff said is absolutly correct

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff

spilman 11-27-2008 08:47 AM

lose=to not win
loose=not tight

wtf!!!