Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Did the 9/11 tribute give a Reminder???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19865-did-9-11-tribute-give-reminder.html)

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-10-2002 10:18 PM

Did the 9/11 tribute give a Reminder????

Just finished watching the 9/11 Tribute on CBS. Whether the feelings of showing this were for or against, We as Americans all needed to see this once again. I have not forgotten this event and will never forget it. It seemed after the 9/11 event that it brought us all back together with renued spirit of bing an AMERICAN!!!!!! I hope for all those who watched it felt and still feel the same way that I do. I myself have forgotten but now have been reminded. Life is Short, We all must be one together, We need to end the mindless bickering, and we all just need to get along with one another a little bit more. I want to give a Blessing to all the HEROS,FAMILIES,FRIENDS AND SO FORTH THAT WERE EITHER LOST OR EFFECTED BY THE 9/11 TRAGEDY.
GOD BLESS OUR GREAT NATION AND THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis P Tracey

Hot Duck 03-10-2002 11:43 PM

I agree with Dennis. I am glad to see what my brother firefighters actually went through on that day. I have heard many stories first hand, but to see this show and this particular story line was incredible. We will never forget those that were lost.

Will Lynch
Lieutenant - West Battalion
Ocean City, MD.

VinMan 03-11-2002 12:17 AM

I couldnt agree with u more Dennis! It was a much needed wakeup call. Being a firefighter it was tough to watch, especially having lost friends in that tradgedy. People that lost loved ones may not need to be reminded of that day, but i think most other people must never forget it.
Just something to think about the next time we climb into our fancy SUV's and drive down to our $500,000 boats, how lucky we are to have them. And remember all the men and women who gave thier lives and are fighting for our freedom right now. If it was'nt for them , we wouldnt have the things that we do.

While everyone on here is cryin and arguing over who scheduled whos event over the others, American men and women are getting shot at overseas, risking thier lives for us.
Kind of makes you wonder.....

Vinny Lazzara

MnFastBoat 03-11-2002 03:44 AM

VERY WELL SAID

I was shock, disbelief and tears :(
A very well presented showing.
Like I said before, some could not watch, others could
My heart goes out to all

worldchampioncigarette 03-11-2002 05:30 AM

Okay im calm now,but did that guy miller ever buy a boat or is he just giving his worthless advice?

Indy 03-11-2002 06:31 AM

I did not see the special, but I did see the 60 minutes story on the INS situation. I hope the gov't feels the same way about 9/11 as we do, that INS situation is a real clusterf*&^. Its apparent that whoever wants to get into the country still can at their leisure and stay as long as they want without fear of being caught and sent back to the country of origin!! :(

DJD 03-11-2002 07:55 AM

worldchampioncigarette,
Miller owns a boat. What does that have to do with anything?
He also was with me digging on the pile in NYC.
I don't recall seeing you there:confused:

puder 03-11-2002 02:40 PM

DJD

i truly commend you and miller for working at ground zero. If i could have been there with you guys i would have been in a heartbeat.