Notices

Outerlimits Alive & Well

Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of a program like that. When I was a Cig dealer it was pay up front for anything you have in inventory. Then it was keep what ya got and good luck.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 283 Likes on 137 Posts

i may be wrong but i think having that buy back clause was the only way the bank would lend the money and keep the interest within reason......................
Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OL does make a great product. But there is no need to feed the wolves by giving Co info. Moreover, you may consider yourself to not be volunteering information however some can read between the lines. In time a company that produces boats in the future will be seen as "weathering the storm."

I.E. Dont tell the public your re adjusting to the times - it means your either making a cheaper boat or laying off employees or reducing costs at some other level.

Wishing all boat companies and employees calm seas for 2009 and beyond!

Chris Del Collo
Business & Real Estate Management
856-904-1961
Old 11-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 302Sport
This may only be rumors but I have heard through the grapevine that Lake cumberland is going under and they have 15 new OL's in stock that OL because of legal reasons is required to purchase back from Lake Cumberland at 80% of what they were originally purchased by Lake Cumberland for......is this true and if it is what is going to be the outcome?????
i went by LCM yesterday and everything looked
fine...all bays were full and busy....new fountain displayed out front and all the outerlimits sitting were they always are.....looked just like it did at the same time last year....but that may be part of the problem huh....
Old 11-18-2008, 11:23 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
i may be wrong but i think having that buy back clause was the only way the bank would lend the money and keep the interest within reason......................
Thats correct for most. Havent been involved with Cig for a lng time so I don't know their specific deals. Buyback is usually at 60-70% of original dealer invoice.

With that being said, rumors are no good for anyone and there are ALWAYS rumors floating around (no pun intended LOL) that aren't true. OL is a very well run company and I'm confident they have their act together

Last edited by DollaBill; 11-18-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think all floor plans have that same Clause.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
OL does make a great product. But there is no need to feed the wolves by giving Co info. Moreover, you may consider yourself to not be volunteering information however some can read between the lines. In time a company that produces boats in the future will be seen as "weathering the storm."

I.E. Dont tell the public your re adjusting to the times - it means your either making a cheaper boat or laying off employees or reducing costs at some other level.

Wishing all boat companies and employees calm seas for 2009 and beyond!

Chris Del Collo
856-904-1961
toasty,
that's what I was kinda thinking, "readjusting" and the whole reason for the thread in the first place, seems rather reactive. I hope all the builders/dealers make it thru this tough time.........
Dean
Old 11-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Dean!

I am sure OL will be fine.
Sometimes business owners are unable to reserve comment and must address all outsiders view points or criticism with personal or confidential info. OL and their representatives need to be aware that their customer service at poker runs (although I have not been to one & simply just read about their quality service) which goes above and beyond will speak volumes about their staying power

Chris Del Collo
856-904-1961
Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

Originally Posted by DollaBill
, rumors are no good for anyone and there are ALWAYS rumors floating around (no pun intended LOL) that aren't true.
if I posted up everytime I heard a rumor about Bill oso would have over 3 million posts, but with him 99% turn out to be fact.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Great to hear about OL! I met Mike this year @ the Seneca Lake run and all I can say is he and his crew are a class act.

Quick Reply: Outerlimits Alive & Well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.