Notices

Great way to treat a fan

Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Miss Geico Team, not only World Champions but "Gentlemen" to all.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G@G
A simple "good game guys, your boat looked and ran great!!!" and some arrogant azzhole from Geico decided to inform me it's no game. Learn how to take a compliment or stay the hell out of the public eye. I have personal friends with race boats who were running too, but I'm always willing to pay some respect to a winner. Boy was I wrong thinking they were winners!!!

I was a fan of Geico until that very moment, way to go guy!
WOW. Dosen't sound like the crew at all? The Geico crew are alway very up-lifting and will answer most of your questions (If They make sense) I was down in the Keys and all of them were great.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered

While we're all mentioning that the Geico guys are great, I think we're really saying that everyone involved with the AMF team is great. I know that's what I meant.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to repeat everyone else's sentiments but I have to agree from the top down no one compares to the Geico team in being friendly, approachable and generous. From Haggin, to Scott and Marc, to Scott's parents, down to the gal that cooks the meals, these guys are great.

I took my Dad to their tent and the pits during the NY race. My Dad is 80, can not walk or hear well, not someone a lot of people would take time out to talk to, but everyone that was part of Geico could not have been nicer and more respectful, my Dad will never forget that day because of them. Don't ever judge a group based on the comment of one person.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to know who thought of the strobe light on top like a jet.... That is awesome when it goes by
Old 11-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

As a former racer I can personally say that Scott is one of the nicest guys I've met in racing. I took my 13 year old son to the NJ races and sat with Scott under the tent for close to half an hour, just bs'ing about racing. My son couldn't believe that someone actually remembered his Old Man's boat. Thanks Scott! Not only did you make me a fan, but now my son thinks that maybe I was somebody back in the day.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

I really believe that whoever you ran into at the Geico pits was really "not the norm". The entire Geico Team and John Haggin in particular have ALWAYS presented the biggest smile and open arms to all racers and fans. I would have to say that this person was not speaking on behalf of the Geico Team.

Ben
Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
JnT
Registered

No way anyone on the Geico Team was rude. They are, THE CLASS ACT , bar none.
Jim
Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Thumbs Up To Amf And Geico As Always A World Class Act
Old 11-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
G&G

As Scott said we go out of our way to make sure everyone gets a show of respect, Even if it means holding up an interview or getting out to test. Scotty and I pride ourselves in making sure the kids are ALWAYS taken care of. That said we as a team are on the road almost every weekend either testing or racing and were coming to the end of a VERY LONG season. Sometimes a challenging situation can spill over into a short conversation or poorly chosen response. It's still no excuse but may help with understanding and I apologize for you leaving KW with that feeling.

Racing, prepping and moving large vessels and vehicles around a tight pit area can be extremely challenging unlike others we open our pits to accommodate our fans. You get to see the team up close and personal....and as an offshore powerboater you can relate that things can be frustrating working on a boat sometimes .

As a racer sometimes your mind is spinning before and or after a race. People can be talking to you but you still haven't returned from "raceland" it's like a hangover from the testosterone/Adrenalin cocktail you just slammed.

Thank you for the compliment on our performance and we would value you as a fan if you can see your way to giving us a second chance.

Marc

I agree the things going tru your head before and after a race,the comment might of been taking wrong or even giving wrong in tone,Ive never meet the Geico team, been standing right beside them before,you can tell when a person is busy.

I couldn't imagine the stress and what it take to run a team of Geico size.

goodluck next season
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Great way to treat a fan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.