Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Great way to treat a fan (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198693-great-way-treat-fan.html)

Strip Poker 388 11-12-2008 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2737541)
G&G

As Scott said we go out of our way to make sure everyone gets a show of respect, Even if it means holding up an interview or getting out to test. Scotty and I pride ourselves in making sure the kids are ALWAYS taken care of. That said we as a team are on the road almost every weekend either testing or racing and were coming to the end of a VERY LONG season. Sometimes a challenging situation can spill over into a short conversation or poorly chosen response. It's still no excuse but may help with understanding and I apologize for you leaving KW with that feeling.

Racing, prepping and moving large vessels and vehicles around a tight pit area can be extremely challenging unlike others we open our pits to accommodate our fans. You get to see the team up close and personal....and as an offshore powerboater you can relate that things can be frustrating working on a boat sometimes .

As a racer sometimes your mind is spinning before and or after a race. People can be talking to you but you still haven't returned from "raceland" it's like a hangover from the testosterone/Adrenalin cocktail you just slammed.

Thank you for the compliment on our performance and we would value you as a fan if you can see your way to giving us a second chance.

Marc

I agree the things going tru your head before and after a race,the comment might of been taking wrong or even giving wrong in tone,Ive never meet the Geico team, been standing right beside them before,you can tell when a person is busy.

I couldn't imagine the stress and what it take to run a team of Geico size.

goodluck next season
Rob:ernaehrung004:

GL@PBC 11-12-2008 07:11 PM

It's obvious alot of you have had nothing but great experiences with anyone associated with Team Geico, so imagine how surprised I was when this happened. All that being said they quickly showed their true self and sportsmanship and the issue is not an issue, PERIOD!!!!!!!

jayboat 11-12-2008 07:22 PM

First class team, first class people.

Sean H 11-12-2008 07:41 PM

Geico lent us some batteries during the night so we could get our engines fired up after going over on friday... that was awful good of them.

although jordan did step on my foot one day, that was kind of rude...:drink:

Xchoke03 11-12-2008 07:47 PM

A little story,
Last winter at the Boat Show in NYC at the Javitz Center I brought my wife and kids. My son is a 10 year old Boy who "LOVES" offshore racing and the boats. Anyhow as my family approached the Miss Geico my wife was getting my kids a signed picture of the boat from the Model/Rep that was there with Mr. Haggin. Anyhow they started some small talk and my wife mentioned to her how my son spends hours on the computer looking at Youtube clips of the Miss Geico and other race boats and how he knows all of their different boats and what not. The rep did not hesitate and walked over to Mr.Haggin and whisspered in his ear, he came over to my son, brought him over the table and brought him right up on the boat and took his pic with a polaroid. He then brought him down and flooded him with pictures, book bags and other souveniers.
Needless to say the Team made a huge impression that day. They really made a little boy feel real special and I can't thank them enuff, especially Mr.Haggin.

BraceYourself 11-12-2008 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by ScottB (Post 2737185)
It doesn't sound like something anyone on our team would say, and if it was, I would deal with it . Part of our mission statement is to make everyone we meet feel great about us and our sport. If it was a GEICO team member, I sincerely apologise. Marc, myself, an Haggin truly appreciate fans and fellow racers. We have a large team, and have had some bad apples in the past, in fact, I fired a team member last year in Key West for being rude to fellow competators and fans.
You have my sincerest apology and if you would like to speak with me regarding this matter, please send me a pm and I will give you my #

Great response!!! People should learn from this guy on PR... I.E. concept. Even bad press can turn into a great oppurtunity. Very proffesionaly handled.

time 11-12-2008 08:25 PM

congrats to Geico

Congrat to scotty and mark! You guys looked great.

How sweet it was to see you guys pass the bud guys.

awesome job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cardinal77177 11-12-2008 08:30 PM

YES that was great..........
GREAT JOB

TOASTY 11-12-2008 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Xchoke03 (Post 2738181)
A little story,
Last winter at the Boat Show in NYC at the Javitz Center I brought my wife and kids. My son is a 10 year old Boy who "LOVES" offshore racing and the boats. Anyhow as my family approached the Miss Geico my wife was getting my kids a signed picture of the boat from the Model/Rep that was there with Mr. Haggin. Anyhow they started some small talk and my wife mentioned to her how my son spends hours on the computer looking at Youtube clips of the Miss Geico and other race boats and how he knows all of their different boats and what not. The rep did not hesitate and walked over to Mr.Haggin and whisspered in his ear, he came over to my son, brought him over the table and brought him right up on the boat and took his pic with a polaroid. He then brought him down and flooded him with pictures, book bags and other souveniers.
Needless to say the Team made a huge impression that day. They really made a little boy feel real special and I can't thank them enuff, especially Mr.Haggin.

so great!!

BraceYourself 11-13-2008 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Xchoke03 (Post 2738181)
A little story,

That's what's so great about being fortunate to have something others look up to. I have a Lambo and have on two occasions been approached by a parent and their kid, just being amazed to see a car like mine. I've taken both kids for a short ride and told them now go work hard and you can get a better car then me. Others may be so egotistical that they miss the whole point of having something nice.
Thanks to all the race teams, they help our sport tremendously...