Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198706-john-carbonell-lives-up-his-bad-reputation.html)

F1-00 Racing 11-14-2008 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2739386)

This was not something that was told to anyone until we were already in Key West and it was because of SBI's low turn out. The problem is everyone that came down on the Poker run, drove their boat to Key West. The trailers were left in Miami. Very few people had their trailers brought down.

Understand totally Gino, just responding to someone's question concerning why the rift between JC and Stu, I only brought up a possibility of the reasoning.

Pat,
Dont want anything, just knowing that he is the first and only member of my fan club means the world to me:drink:

Rick,
As you have told me time and time again, "It is what it is" then again thats why we're car racing instead in 09:eek:

gonna join Pat on the outside looking in, best to you guys and hope you get things resolved Gino!

Trent

rchevelle71 11-14-2008 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing (Post 2740034)
Understand totally Gino, just responding to someone's question concerning why the rift between JC and Stu, I only brought up a possibility of the reasoning.

Pat,
Dont want anything, just knowing that he is the first and only member of my fan club means the world to me:drink:

Rick,
As you have told me time and time again, "It is what it is" then again thats why we're car racing instead in 09:eek:

gonna join Pat on the outside looking in, best to you guys and hope you get things resolved Gino!

Trent

SOO,

tell me about this car racing thing, I am there for ya if ya need me, boats are more fun for pleasure anyway:drink:

DJD 11-14-2008 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2740004)
Just because he has been doing it for 20-30 years, and doing it his way, doesnt mean its the right way??
GM has been making cars for a lot longer than toyota, but GM is not doing so well right now, are they??
I think if he listened to others, and opened up a bit to the other orgs. it would be better for everyone in the long run, fans especially, and thats what we are talking about here isnt it??

1. Never said it is the "right way", I just said he has been doing it a very long time & people still race with him.
2. Right! If people weren't worried about their money right now they would be buying more cars. Toyota announced the biggest losses in their history as well.....
3. I agree completely!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-15-2008 12:35 PM

It's way too long of a trip to get to KW for so little racing.

I was shocked to see races as short as 17 miles ? What's up with that ? :confused:

Sorry to hear your issues Gino.

No need for me to post my experiences here. There are already some long threads on it from last season...

Key West - SOS ! :rolleyes:

It will change. It is only the matter of time.....

Cash Bar 11-15-2008 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2740261)
I was shocked to see races as short as 17 miles and also learned they did not run outside on Sunday ? What's up with that ?

They definitely raced outside. The Popeyes crew knows all too well. :(

The racing is still a cluster, same ole, same ole. :rolleyes:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-15-2008 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2740279)
They definitely raced outside. The Popeyes crew knows all too well. :(

The racing is still a cluster, same ole, same ole. :rolleyes:

Thanks ! I was misinformed by a co-worker... He must have meant the run along the beach in which they have not had that course in years.....

Dean Ferry 11-15-2008 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 2738778)
Man, what a Marketing Moron. As Gino's boats attract easily as much attention as any race boat, likely more, they should have let him in for FREE! Can't believe you were willing to pay THEM to begin with, Gino. Guess he is best buds with Reggie... :rolleyes:

I've seen gino's boat up close, it's an awesome rig, that's for sure. I can't imagine any reason in the world why JC wouldn't want the MB sponsers to be involved in the pits/parade? I mean we aren't talking about a Toyota sponsered boat here!:eek: Who wouldn't want that kind of exposure!?
Baffling.......
Dean

DJD 11-16-2008 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2740501)
I've seen gino's boat up close, it's an awesome rig, that's for sure. I can't imagine any reason in the world why JC wouldn't want the MB sponsers to be involved in the pits/parade? I mean we aren't talking about a Toyota sponsered boat here!:eek: Who wouldn't want that kind of exposure!?
Baffling.......
Dean

Dean, I see your point and agree that Gino has an absolutely awsome boat. JC has had years of experience with people saying that they were going to bring all sorts of money to the races only to have them enjoy the hospitality and not produce a dime. If the Mercedes people were actually considering putting in some sponsor money, you think that someone would have contacted JC before the boat appeared at the pits. That's the wrong way to do business.

LubeJobs42 11-16-2008 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by DJD (Post 2740778)
Dean, I see your point and agree that Gino has an absolutely awsome boat. JC has had years of experience with people saying that they were going to bring all sorts of money to the races only to have them enjoy the hospitality and not produce a dime. If the Mercedes people were actually considering putting in some sponsor money, you think that someone would have contacted JC before the boat appeared at the pits. That's the wrong way to do business.

The Mercedes guys were with me for a casual weekend. No meetings or any type of negotiations of any kind. They came down for a boat ride and to see what The worlds is all about. I had no intentions of going to the pits at all. I assumed the boat was going to be in the water as we drove it doen in the Poker run. I went to the pits for 2 reasons, 1. to try to get the boat repaired with the help of some of our friends in the pits AND B. to get signed in for the parade.
I have a very casual relationship with the Mercedes guys.
I handle my business relationship with Mercedes just fine. To tell you the truth, i wouldn't put my sponsors into Carbonells hands. Even if I was thinking of it, it wouldn't be during the worlds in the parking lot of the pits at 6pm the night before a race. That would be bad business.

Pat D 11-16-2008 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=LubeJobs42;2740898] I went to the pits for 2 reasons, 1. to try to get the boat repaired with the help of some of our friends in the pits AND B. to get signed in for the parade.

OK........I'm back..........

Lubejobs.............and while you were in the pits, were you going to register as a racer?
Which would "QUALIFY" you to be in the pits and the parade?
I must have missed that part.

Pat D.