Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RHC
One of my worst times in boating was about JC and Key West ,, I will not go into detail but we were the Med boat ( free) and he wanted to throw us out of the pits and not use the ramp ect, It is my belief that he is the single worst person that has ruined Offshore racing for the last 15yrs, his deal with Key West just plain suck's for all the other Race Groups. enough already !

RHC
RHC I not sure who you are , but I Know that for the last 8 yrs that i have been involved with SBI as diver and as the med coordinator for the last several yrs . dealing with John is difficult at best , but if you were a medical boat all you ever had to do was contact PAT D , Dave Harshfield , or myself Tom Kelly the current Medical Safety Coordinator . there was always concessions made for medical boats
Old 11-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
The Mercedes guys were with me for a casual weekend. No meetings or any type of negotiations of any kind. They came down for a boat ride and to see what The worlds is all about. I had no intentions of going to the pits at all. I assumed the boat was going to be in the water as we drove it doen in the Poker run. I went to the pits for 2 reasons, 1. to try to get the boat repaired with the help of some of our friends in the pits AND B. to get signed in for the parade.
I have a very casual relationship with the Mercedes guys.
I handle my business relationship with Mercedes just fine. To tell you the truth, i wouldn't put my sponsors into Carbonells hands. Even if I was thinking of it, it wouldn't be during the worlds in the parking lot of the pits at 6pm the night before a race. That would be bad business.
You Guys Wonder Why John Carbonell treats you the way he does . read some of your own statements about him . again John and I dont see eye to eye on a lot of issues anybody that been in the pits for one our discussions( HA , HA) can tell you that . But John is not hard to figure out . If you work with him and don't ****about him and dont suprise him there are ways to work him
Old 11-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=LubeJobs42;2740984]
Originally Posted by Pat D

Since you were gone........Go back and read the begining posts. I was asked to put my boat in the Parage because Fury couldn't make it and John was short one boat. I thought this would be a way to help get some exposure for my sponsor since we had a mechanical issue. That's why I was in the pits. We already went over this so you may want go back and get caught up since you were gone.

As for me registering as a racer....I raced SBI for 3 years and will never race with SBI again. Do you happen to remember a few years back when Doug Kelly of Bankbeaters was cheating for half the season? He was running 700 hp engines when it was a 500 HP class. This whole situation I have not even brought up the fact that Carbonell, stuck up, covered up, and lied for Doug kelly becuase Doug kelly threw tons of money at JC. John refused to accept our official protest signed by every other participant in the class along with $2500 cash ar required in the rulebooks to file a protest. Surely you must remember this because its when SBI really started falling apart. So Pat, I had no intentions of racing.
You racers were the ones who didnt want the inspections ask some of the other racers
Old 11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Thank you, that is my point exactly.
Thanks to Pats post I do have a change of heart on this issue. I as long as my fellow racers Zipp Express, Peppers, Fastboats.com, Xtrememarine, How Sweet it is etc. were screwed by JC and SBI. JC needs to be knocked down a peg. I wonder what it sould take $$ for Key west to entertain another option for Worlds? I think we should at least look into it.
One thing you guys have to look at is Johns safety record . then take a look at the records of some of the other organizations. Personally i think that might wake some of you and your familys up
Old 11-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Angel 1
One thing you guys have to look at is Johns safety record . then take a look at the records of some of the other organizations. Personally i think that might wake some of you and your familys up
no doubt if an organization has so few boats that highly reduces its chances of any incidents.

just curious, how safe does j carbonel make the participants feel when they have to race without divers in a chopper

racing a canopy boat without a chopper above is playing russian roulette should a boat flip
Old 11-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Angel 1;2744108]
You racers were the ones who didnt want the inspections ask some of the other racers
That is an absolute lie! I had to pay to have my motors shipped to Innovation to be inspected and sealed. There were inspections before every single race. I don't remember the inspectors name, I think it was Bill. Told all of us he was told to look the other way with Kellys boat. When the crap hit the fan in NY, he resigned on the spot. John Covered this up. He eventually, After months of fighting and a Lawsuit filed against him, he finally DQ'ed Doug Kelly BUT IN TURN DQ'ed Fastboats.com and Zipp Express for bull crap, made up technicalities so Big Doug could still have the points to be National Champion.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sellsman11
If you EVER decide to race, I would LOVE to be involved with your team in any way!!
Me too !! I happen to have an all white Gladiator set up in race trim that would look good on the course in KW ...ESPECIALLY with a Pier 57 logo on the side !! Brandon, you wanna drive or throttle !!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
Brandon, you wanna drive or throttle !!
Brandon doesn't do Vee's.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=LubeJobs42;2744269]

That is an absolute lie! I had to pay to have my motors shipped to Innovation to be inspected and sealed. There were inspections before every single race. I don't remember the inspectors name, I think it was Bill. Told all of us he was told to look the other way with Kellys boat. When the crap hit the fan in NY, he resigned on the spot. John Covered this up. He eventually, After months of fighting and a Lawsuit filed against him, he finally DQ'ed Doug Kelly BUT IN TURN DQ'ed Fastboats.com and Zipp Express for bull crap, made up technicalities so Big Doug could still have the points to be National Champion.
this is incredible, I cant believe that all this crap comes up in a organization........ I for one think if he acts this way I wouldn't want to race for him, hell If I was a racer and had to deal with this crap of racing all year to find out someone was cheating and Mr. Carbonell covered it up..... I would think I would probably have a charge or two of aggravated assault in my hands with alot of witnesses...........
Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=LubeJobs42;2744269]

I'm shocked Bubba would do such a thing!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!

It was so comical to listen to Reggie's boats pull up when they were racing F-2. We would laugh about THOSE WERE THE STOUTEST SOUNDING 525's WE'VE EVER HEARD!!!! hahaha

Give Bubba money and the rule book is yours / and lack of tech inspections as well

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.