Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198706-john-carbonell-lives-up-his-bad-reputation.html)

stainless 11-12-2008 06:24 AM

John and reggie are pretty tight...... may have been their only chance to take a shot at the cat killer.... killer!:eek:

stainless 11-12-2008 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by shifter (Post 2737349)
I have talked to John several times he is very straight forward. I am sure if you had talked to John before you were inside the gate he would have no problem.

If you were not there to race and you were not signed up with SBI, then you really did not need to be there.

Just my 2 cents.

pat W

That's funny i saw the mojo crew there with their motorhome and setup and i didn't see any mojo boat racing??:rolleyes:

Audiofn 11-12-2008 06:49 AM

I have talked to John several times he is very straight forward. I am sure if you had talked to John before you were inside the gate he would have no problem.

If you were not there to race and you were not signed up with SBI, then you really did not need to be there.

Just my 2 cents.

pat W

IMO what this sport needs is attention. We need LOTS of attention. Not the attention that we have been getting as of late with the accidents but good attention from teams like Geico and boats like Gino's bring. Gino's boat and boats like it draw a lot of attention from the crowd. IMO it is just good "press". Now if there is an insurance issue then he could have said sorry but insurance will not allow it or..... To be pissed at FPB and their poker run is amazing to me as with out them the attendance would be way down. People that do not boat down want to see those boats just as much as the race boats. If I was down there I would have been all over the Bounty hunter boat, just love those old boats!

LubeJobs42 11-12-2008 06:53 AM

Just my 2 cents.

pat W

It was his guys that let us in the gate. It was also his people that said they were short a boat for the parade and they were under the gun to find another being 5:00 and it starting at 6:00. The attitude he had was completely unnecessary. Larry Goldman is a registered racer this year. I was a member of SBI 4 years. I don't know what his problem is with Stu but his comments and attitude really were unnecessary.

Pete B 11-12-2008 06:59 AM

Gino,
Did you have your Cat Killer T-shirt on???? Sorry it didnt work out. the week was a slight disapointment to me as well as, one the weather sucked, and the water was flat for the most part.

Cant wait to see the 2009 schedules!

Jassman 11-12-2008 07:05 AM

Just my 2 cents.

pat W

I dealt with him one time, a few years back....let me just say...arrogant, egotisticlal....way out of line....I see things have not changed.

Go Big 11-12-2008 07:09 AM

Sounds like BS to me. Sorry Gino. If I wasnt broken as well you could have used my boat to entertain.

OSO 11-12-2008 07:13 AM

One of the reasons racing is where it is today, does not surprise me at all. That guy could never see the forest through the trees.

BobbyB 11-12-2008 07:35 AM

I heard there was an issue with a race team about what class they were running and he didnt stick up for them.

Wahoo ATV 11-12-2008 08:43 AM

Gino,
Sorry to hear this. I am one of the organizers of the Harrison Twp Michigan OPA race. We are really trying to make this event part of a week long powerboat event in MI. Our race kicks the week off and coincides with the Sunsation Rally at the Park were the Pits are. Then on Wednesday, we have a Special Olympics Poker Run and finally end the week with the St Clair Race.

We are working closely with manufacturers, poker runners, charities and racers. We would be honored to have you and some of your buddies check out Michigan in August.

www.HarrisonOffshore.com