Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198706-john-carbonell-lives-up-his-bad-reputation.html)

shoregasm 11-13-2008 02:00 PM

As a former racer of 6 + years, I can only mirror the "bad" feelings about J.C. He is clearly without people skills and totally clueless of what keeps his bank account full.

DJD 11-13-2008 02:46 PM

I'm confused. The John Carbonell that I know from when we were racing couldn't have been nicer. What ever we wanted or needed big or small, he would take care of asap. He was extremely accommodating & pleasant to deal with. His support crew was outstanding & always looked after us and our families needs. Perhaps it's how people treat him that gets him fired up?
I think if you want to go play at the races in Key West, you have to play by his rules. If you don't like it, you will have to go somewhere else.

BLee 11-13-2008 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pat D (Post 2738574)
Bingo.

Bubba *****in is a yearly ritual and if it helps to put it in writing, so be it.
He is what he is and it is not going to change. There is so much that is wrong in some of these posts but it's not worth going into and it's not my job.
I happen to post because it included me as staff.

Aren't you curious as to why his supporters, year after year, read all of this (you can see them in the background) and don't BOTHER to jump in?
Many racers and staff have left who couldn't deal with NOT GETTING THEIR IDEAS ACROSS...and they RETURN.

When you figure it out........you will finally see there is a line in the road in the middle of the 7 mile bridge. It separates the real world from "OZ".

Hot Duck........apology accepted. And please know, I am included in being on the hot end during some of JC's fits. If I can deal with them without calling him a dope smoker and crying like a baby..........why can't.............never mind.
Trust me, if he were every name you have all called him, I would not be there.

Rick......thank you and yes, he was stressed. I have an idea......call him today and say the word "Navy". However, no excuse for rudeness from either him or our staff.
Donna......you are right.......it is his and Bill Spottswood's town. I was going to say get over it, but it would sound rude.

Now go to General Racing section/Jim Natoli thread and read post #49 and concentrate on the important stuff in life.
If you have any serious questions or bashing for me.......
email me.
I'm going to the beach. :cool:
PD

p.s. I'll save you some time. The answer is......
hotel rooms, travel expenses and meals.

I apologize if I jumped your ass too. I think the fans are just so frustated that we can't see ALL of the raceboats compete in one venue.

Yes, every year most people talk of how great Key West is, but I rarely hear them positively comment on the races. Thank goodness there's at least SOMETHING to watch, but you obviously know it could be MUCH better.

I hear more people talk fondly of the combined races a few years ago than any other racing event in the last 10 years. That's money being left on the table for no good reason that I've heard. You couldn't even get a spot to STAND that weekend. What a blast!

I know quite a few of us would like to try racing, but I steer clear purely because it confuses the hell out of me and I'm not even involved yet. It's been a childhood dream of mine to compete and win a race of any kind, so I hope positive progress gets made for the sport so that I can live out that fantasy someday. :cool:

sellsman11 11-13-2008 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2738871)
I know quite a few of us would like to try racing, but I steer clear purely because it confuses the hell out of me and I'm not even involved yet. It's been a childhood dream of mine to compete and win a race of any kind, so I hope positive progress gets made for the sport so that I can live out that fantasy someday. :cool:

If you EVER decide to race, I would LOVE to be involved with your team in any way!!:ernaehrung004:

BLee 11-13-2008 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2738883)
If you EVER decide to race, I would LOVE to be involved with your team in any way!!:ernaehrung004:

Hell yeah man. The "decision" was made long ago, but the sport itself isn't where I'd like it to be yet. I'd like to race in a class with as many as 15-20 boats, rather than 3-5. Taking nothing away from the work the current champs put in, I think it would be more rewarding to compete against EVERYONE.

Win or lose, I'd damn sure have a great time doing it! :ernaehrung004:

Ryan Beckley 11-13-2008 03:33 PM

BLEE if you are interested in buying a seat for next years OSS season let me know....

boater31v 11-13-2008 08:11 PM

Just to throw my .2 cents in here.

I first started watching offshore races when SBR came to LOTO in '93, since then I've been hooked. The next year I went to Key West for the first time. I went to Key West that year to see the race boats, didn't even know about poker run boats then. Of course, that year and the year after were two of the best years for racing in Key West with over 100 boats.

I went to Key West for the races 3 times in the 90's. Since then, I have been going to Key West for the races but if the poker run boats weren't there I probably wouldn't go. To me, they are the real show now.

Don't get me wrong, I love race boats, but they are not the show anymore. Until things change in offshore and the orgs get together, Key West will always be a poker run with race baots sprinkled in.

P.S. Gino, if your assessment of the interaction between JC, Larry, and yourself is true, then that is sad.

jayboat 11-13-2008 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2738894)
Hell yeah man. The "decision" was made long ago, but the sport itself isn't where I'd like it to be yet. I'd like to race in a class with as many as 15-20 boats, rather than 3-5. Taking nothing away from the work the current champs put in, I think it would be more rewarding to compete against EVERYONE.

Win or lose, I'd damn sure have a great time doing it! :ernaehrung004:

I see checkered flags in your future. :doggy:

1waterboy1 11-13-2008 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by boater31v (Post 2739141)
Just to throw my .2 cents in here.

I first started watching offshore races when SBR came to LOTO in '93, since then I've been hooked. The next year I went to Key West for the first time. I went to Key West that year to see the race boats, didn't even know about poker run boats then. Of course, that year and the year after were two of the best years for racing in Key West with over 100 boats.

I went to Key West for the races 3 times in the 90's. Since then, I have been going to Key West for the races but if the poker run boats weren't there I probably wouldn't go. To me, they are the real show now.

Don't get me wrong, I love race boats, but they are not the show anymore. Until things change in offshore and the orgs get together, Key West will always be a poker run with race baots sprinkled in.

P.S. Gino, if your assessment of the interaction between JC, Larry, and yourself is true, then that is sad.

No offense...but there is no comparison to watching racing as opposed to poker runs.Yeah the current state of offshore racing needs some major improvements;but racing is still racing.

LubeJobs42 11-13-2008 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1 (Post 2739173)
No offense...but there is no comparison to watching racing as opposed to poker runs.Yeah the current state of offshore racing needs some major improvements;but racing is still racing.

I think it's all personal preference. Definitely debateable!