Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad...VERY sad......One word sums up the problem with Gino's story AND racing as a whole......EGOTISTICAL!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sellsman11
Sad...VERY sad......One word sums up the problem with Gino's story AND racing as a whole......EGOTISTICAL!!!
I honesty don't believe you can say that about the OPA. We pride ourselves on being a friendly community that will go beyound to help one another, our fans and volunteers.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Registered

WOW, I cant believe what I just read....I know of a boat that came in on the poker run with Stu, that is a year old Fountain 35 and had a drive problem and couldnt get it out of gear. They made a call to Reggie and explained the situation, he then asked my friend to take the boat to the pits and the Fountain team took care of it and fixed it for him at N/C in the pits with there race crew....must be all the dollars he (Reggie) spends with him ???? or maybe hes also afraid for the cat killer.... lol

Gino I spoke to you at the race, let me know if you ever find the videos.....

Last edited by lowblue320; 11-12-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
I honesty don't believe you can say that about the OPA. We pride ourselves on being a friendly community that will go beyound to help one another, our fans and volunteers.

I agree with you 100%!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Funny... I've never heard anyone say anything nice about that guy. Makes me wonder if there might be something to it...

Good to see you, Gino- thanks for the shirt!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hell he is one of the main reasons offshore racing was split into so many factions....never have i heard anyone say anything positive about the man....just a jerk....
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Gino,
What goes around, comes around!
Dean
Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shifter
I have talked to John several times he is very straight forward. I am sure if you had talked to John before you were inside the gate he would have no problem.

If you were not there to race and you were not signed up with SBI, then you really did not need to be there.

Just my 2 cents.

pat W

LOL, whatever..... That's exactly why you'll never have real sponsors in your "sport". Those races would have been gone years ago without the poker run bringing the fans down to watch.

He had Mercedes f-cking Benz there interested in spending more advertising money, but I guess urinalmint.com sponsorships are bringing in all the cash they can handle.Brilliant.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Have to agree!! We raced our 1st year with OPA and enjoyed it and everyone was friendly and helpful to us, being one of the new teams on the block. Thanks OPA
Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by DJD
Flip side of the coin:
We had two spots reserved at an APBA race (Baltimore). One for F2-07 "Wild Child" and one was for the motor home. We decided not to bring the motor home so I had one of our guys bring my Cigarette so our friends could go out on it & watch the race. No go! We were told "no poker run/pleasure boats allowd in the pits". End of story.
Does OSS allow pleasure boats in the pits?
The OSS pits in Sunny Isles Beach had plenty of Poker Run boats in it. We do joint events with Stu Jones and the Poker Run clubs. We ENJOY working with them and look foward to doing more joint events in 09.

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.