Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat D
Bingo.

Bubba *****in is a yearly ritual and if it helps to put it in writing, so be it.
He is what he is and it is not going to change. There is so much that is wrong in some of these posts but it's not worth going into and it's not my job.
I happen to post because it included me as staff.

Aren't you curious as to why his supporters, year after year, read all of this (you can see them in the background) and don't BOTHER to jump in?
Many racers and staff have left who couldn't deal with NOT GETTING THEIR IDEAS ACROSS...and they RETURN.

When you figure it out........you will finally see there is a line in the road in the middle of the 7 mile bridge. It separates the real world from "OZ".

Hot Duck........apology accepted. And please know, I am included in being on the hot end during some of JC's fits. If I can deal with them without calling him a dope smoker and crying like a baby..........why can't.............never mind.
Trust me, if he were every name you have all called him, I would not be there.

Rick......thank you and yes, he was stressed. I have an idea......call him today and say the word "Navy". However, no excuse for rudeness from either him or our staff.
Donna......you are right.......it is his and Bill Spottswood's town. I was going to say get over it, but it would sound rude.

Now go to General Racing section/Jim Natoli thread and read post #49 and concentrate on the important stuff in life.
If you have any serious questions or bashing for me.......
email me.
I'm going to the beach.
PD

p.s. I'll save you some time. The answer is......
hotel rooms, travel expenses and meals.
I apologize if I jumped your ass too. I think the fans are just so frustated that we can't see ALL of the raceboats compete in one venue.

Yes, every year most people talk of how great Key West is, but I rarely hear them positively comment on the races. Thank goodness there's at least SOMETHING to watch, but you obviously know it could be MUCH better.

I hear more people talk fondly of the combined races a few years ago than any other racing event in the last 10 years. That's money being left on the table for no good reason that I've heard. You couldn't even get a spot to STAND that weekend. What a blast!

I know quite a few of us would like to try racing, but I steer clear purely because it confuses the hell out of me and I'm not even involved yet. It's been a childhood dream of mine to compete and win a race of any kind, so I hope positive progress gets made for the sport so that I can live out that fantasy someday.

Last edited by BLee; 11-13-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling as always!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
I know quite a few of us would like to try racing, but I steer clear purely because it confuses the hell out of me and I'm not even involved yet. It's been a childhood dream of mine to compete and win a race of any kind, so I hope positive progress gets made for the sport so that I can live out that fantasy someday.
If you EVER decide to race, I would LOVE to be involved with your team in any way!!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sellsman11
If you EVER decide to race, I would LOVE to be involved with your team in any way!!

Hell yeah man. The "decision" was made long ago, but the sport itself isn't where I'd like it to be yet. I'd like to race in a class with as many as 15-20 boats, rather than 3-5. Taking nothing away from the work the current champs put in, I think it would be more rewarding to compete against EVERYONE.

Win or lose, I'd damn sure have a great time doing it!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

BLEE if you are interested in buying a seat for next years OSS season let me know....
Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Just to throw my .2 cents in here.

I first started watching offshore races when SBR came to LOTO in '93, since then I've been hooked. The next year I went to Key West for the first time. I went to Key West that year to see the race boats, didn't even know about poker run boats then. Of course, that year and the year after were two of the best years for racing in Key West with over 100 boats.

I went to Key West for the races 3 times in the 90's. Since then, I have been going to Key West for the races but if the poker run boats weren't there I probably wouldn't go. To me, they are the real show now.

Don't get me wrong, I love race boats, but they are not the show anymore. Until things change in offshore and the orgs get together, Key West will always be a poker run with race baots sprinkled in.

P.S. Gino, if your assessment of the interaction between JC, Larry, and yourself is true, then that is sad.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Hell yeah man. The "decision" was made long ago, but the sport itself isn't where I'd like it to be yet. I'd like to race in a class with as many as 15-20 boats, rather than 3-5. Taking nothing away from the work the current champs put in, I think it would be more rewarding to compete against EVERYONE.

Win or lose, I'd damn sure have a great time doing it!
I see checkered flags in your future.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boater31v
Just to throw my .2 cents in here.

I first started watching offshore races when SBR came to LOTO in '93, since then I've been hooked. The next year I went to Key West for the first time. I went to Key West that year to see the race boats, didn't even know about poker run boats then. Of course, that year and the year after were two of the best years for racing in Key West with over 100 boats.

I went to Key West for the races 3 times in the 90's. Since then, I have been going to Key West for the races but if the poker run boats weren't there I probably wouldn't go. To me, they are the real show now.

Don't get me wrong, I love race boats, but they are not the show anymore. Until things change in offshore and the orgs get together, Key West will always be a poker run with race baots sprinkled in.

P.S. Gino, if your assessment of the interaction between JC, Larry, and yourself is true, then that is sad.
No offense...but there is no comparison to watching racing as opposed to poker runs.Yeah the current state of offshore racing needs some major improvements;but racing is still racing.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1
No offense...but there is no comparison to watching racing as opposed to poker runs.Yeah the current state of offshore racing needs some major improvements;but racing is still racing.
I think it's all personal preference. Definitely debateable!

Last edited by JuCo; 11-21-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I think it's all personal preference. Definitely debateable!
I second that!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered

Yeah those girls are hot...but arent we talking about watching high performance boats race or poker run.
I still think that offshore powerboat racing has the potential to be a very popular motorsport.

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.