Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation! >

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Notices

John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Old 11-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I have been receiving email after email regarding this situation. Story after story of JC's way of dealing with others in the same fashion I was. I had 5 people suggest I forward this thread to Key West officials, the Mayor and the Conch Board of Directors to let them know how JC's dictatorship has hurt the attendance of race week in Key West year after year. Maybe if the Key West officials realised this they may open up the Annex to other organisations that could really do a good job. I couldn't understand why the other organizations decided to hold their "worlds" in north Florida rather then Key West. Now I see, it's probably because they can't deal with carbonell.
I had an idea, what if we came up with a professional letter "obviously NOT written by me"! and a petition that the Annex should be opened up to other groups that are more willing to work with others that will help our sport. We may have a chance of making a change.
remember years ago? When you would go to the Worlds and there were 120+ boats with thousands of spectators! Maybe we can have that again! Any thoughts??

Gino I will sign it! there will need to be more work than just a petition but that would be a great start to get their attention.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Why does the poker run go on the same week? Go a differant week and see what happens.
MD
You have no idea, what a FANTASTIC IDEA that is.

I know I'm going to get my head cut off for saying this, but you are highly over-rating the presence of the poker run boats during race week. They need their own week and give them the whole town, just like biker week. The city would be more open to that than bringing in a new organization.
And that is NOT just my personal opinion.
There is an editorial in the Key West Citizen yesterday that sums up how the city feels. It does include the poker run boats, and they appreciate everyones business.

I have also received many emails and pm's and at first I was afraid to open them.
But it has been interesting, and educational. Racers who race with SBI and people I've never met have given me new insight into some of the people posting and commenting on the situation that started it all. Some are pretty funny and most won't even get into it because the song is so old.
Different opinions and complaints are expected and can be dealt with.........but the trash talk and name calling puts you below the level of the person your talking about. Clean it up and maybe someone will listen to you.
PD
Thanks Trent.......my other half says "what does he want now?"

Last edited by Pat D; 11-14-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
I see checkered flags in your future.

Hahaha, hopefully you'll be there to get the picture!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Pat D
You have no idea, what a FANTASTIC IDEA that is.

I know I'm going to get my head cut off for saying this, but you are highly over-rating the presence of the poker run boats during race week. They need their own week and give them the whole town, just like biker week. The city would be more open to that than bringing in a new organization.
And that is NOT just my personal opinion.
There is an editorial in the Key West Citizen yesterday that sums up how the city feels. It does include the poker run boats, and they appreciate everyones business. But the rivalry has become like the one that exists with sailboats and powerboats.
Wait, so your organization now have dreamed up a "rivalry" with the poker runners, thus seperating the powerboat groups from themselves even more? Why wouldn't the racers want the poker run crowd there to watch them?

Last edited by BLee; 11-14-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This was my first year going to KW. I thought everyone was working together....race and poker run boats. There was venue for both with venders everywhere. I'm surprised any one that was not in the KNOW would know the difference. I was even thinking next year to run the PR....I get enough BS for having a Faja don't need it from racers also.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BLee
the race organizations now have dreamed up
THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID........
Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee
Wait, so the race organizations now have dreamed up a "rivalry" with the poker runners, thus seperating the powerboat groups from themselves even more? Do the race guys just hate everyone? Why wouldn't the racers want the poker run crowd there to watch them?
Please don't lump all "organizations" together. We at OPA are trying very hard to make all fans and boaters welcome. See post 20.

I am one of the organizers of the Harrison Twp Michigan OPA race. We are really trying to make this event part of a week long powerboat event in MI. Our race kicks the week off and coincides with the Sunsation Rally at the Park were the Pits are. Then on Wednesday, we have a Special Olympics Poker Run and finally end the week with the St Clair Race.

We are working closely with manufacturers, poker runners, charities and racers. We would be honored to have you and some of your buddies check out Michigan in August.

www.HarrisonOffshore.com
Old 11-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Pat D
THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID........

THEN WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? I'm just trying to understand the current position of racing, and your post was confusing.

Last edited by BLee; 11-14-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Please don't lump all "organizations" together. We at OPA are trying very hard to make all fans and boaters welcome. See post 20.

I am one of the organizers of the Harrison Twp Michigan OPA race. We are really trying to make this event part of a week long powerboat event in MI. Our race kicks the week off and coincides with the Sunsation Rally at the Park were the Pits are. Then on Wednesday, we have a Special Olympics Poker Run and finally end the week with the St Clair Race.

We are working closely with manufacturers, poker runners, charities and racers. We would be honored to have you and some of your buddies check out Michigan in August.

www.HarrisonOffshore.com
I'm not, sorry if it came off that way. I'll edit.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I met with the Conch republic folks in August with the request to have OSS invited to attend the KW World. I offered everything possible, yet our proposal was turned down.

We all want to race together in Key West for a unified World Championship, but it appears only one thing is standing in the way.

Someone in the town of KW should have the four racing organization at a meeting to discuss how it can be made to be a bigger and better event for the benefit of EVERYONE.

None of the racing organizations are going away anytime soon, so why not find a way to work together and do some joint races? We also attempted to work together in Sarasota and we invited SBI to our race in Kenner LA last summer. I just never seems to work out so maybe I should stop trying.

Last edited by Ron P; 11-14-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: John Carbonell lives up to his BAD reputation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.