Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Drives Stolen coming back from KW (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198712-drives-stolen-coming-back-kw.html)

Thunderstruck 11-14-2008 02:54 PM

Just talking to a friend who knows of 5 SETS! of #6 drives that were stolen during the same time period (including the set on this thread) 3 sets from a lot in SF, 1 set in Destin and this set. This can not be a random coincidence!!??

BTW the rumor is that surveilance video showed that it took 15 min/drive on the SF thefts.

jeff1000man 11-14-2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck (Post 2739752)
Just talking to a friend who knows of 5 SETS! of #6 drives that were stolen during the same time period (including the set on this thread) 3 sets from a lot in SF, 1 set in Destin and this set. This can not be a random coincidence!!??

BTW the rumor is that surveilance video showed that it took 15 min/drive on the SF thefts.

In TX. We have to register the serial numbers of the drives and engines on our boat titles.

Jassman 11-14-2008 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=Strip Poker 388;2737922]Sorry to hear, where about in Ms? Not very many people even know what a #6 is in Ms. Hell I don't know of anybody that even owns a #6 in the hole state.

I got 6's...guess I know where I stand:grinser010:

Jassman 11-14-2008 03:16 PM

Make note...FOR NEXT YEAR..Anyone coming through MS and needs a place to stay interim, you can park your vehicle, boat in my driveway and have a place to stay for free. I have video running 24/7 (thats on the outside):grinser010: and we have security driving around. Works out great for people going from TX to FL 1/2 way stop. Jeff

Interceptor 11-14-2008 03:22 PM

I'm making a wild guess and suspect all these drives are headed to another continent, either Europe or Mid-east.
One small conex could handle all of them.
ed

bigandy 11-14-2008 05:25 PM

backin up to a wall is the best advice, take the time to back up until your touching and i would imagine it would slow them down. Most hotels have a dumpster in the parking lot with dumpster building around it and it is usually in the back so the last place normal people park... marriott in pensacola across from Mcguires has police that sits outside... i gave the guy a $20 to watch the boat last year and when i got back from sammy's at 3am he was sitting in a chair leaned up against the boat... if nothing else the $20 kept him from calling his buddies!!!!

Strip Poker 388 11-16-2008 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=Jassman;2739766]

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2737922)
Sorry to hear, where about in Ms? Not very many people even know what a #6 is in Ms. Hell I don't know of anybody that even owns a #6 in the hole state.

I got 6's...guess I know where I stand:grinser010:

I forgot about my little buddy:drink:

He still hasn't responded to the question of were in Mississippi?:(

Go Big 11-16-2008 08:54 PM

Thanks for all the support guys. The driver was at least 60 feet away and would have never heard or felt it. They are not that hard to take off. We'll see what happens.