KW run, 5 star service from OL

Notices

KW run, 5 star service from OL

Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW run, 5 star service from OL

In these tough times for the boating industry, with a lot of complaints about everyone, thought I would put a positive note in.
Basically OL, kept us out of the broken propeller club the whole weekend. We were heading down thurs to KW from Miami, and coming into Islamorada the port motor was stalling. After calling Joe at Hideaway, we diagnosed a bad fuel pump diaphram. He got in touch with OL, and Gary and 2 others showed up at the lunch break with their truck, wheeled their toolboxes to the boat, and had the part, fixed it on the spot.

Then heading to KW, the last 30 miles a water pump hose came loose and was throwing water. 2 miles out, we blew a propeller blade, which we didn’t know at the time, boat just shook like hell. With that motor off, we limped in.
Called OL when we arrived, at 7 pm, Gary from OL calls, said they were on the boat dockside, fixed the fuel pump, took the prop off. Next day, they had Hideaway order a prop drop shipped. They also dockside changed the oil and filter in the motor losing the fuel diaphragm. Put the prop on sat, and we were on the water sat afternoon. I thought that was great service, and they did it prompto without me pushing them.

I thought that was stellar service, and made me a happy boater, and we had a great weekend.

Andy L.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Registered

Not bad for a company that is supposively in Chapter11
Old 11-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

There have been rumors floating around about OL - but none are true. The company remains quite solid and it is doing business as usual. This comes from a reliable source. In fact, we heard they just won the KW Super V Unlimted World Champtionship.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DeeCee
way to totally 180 a thread that was absolutely positive and cheerful.

From what I understand (Sharkey oughta chime in here, or elsewhere) they did grab the SV Unlimited with the Lucas boat.

OL is the best, and that certainly backs it up. Good to hear KW is what it typically sounds like; a good time.

Hopefully I'll get there someday
Old 11-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeCee
definitly mr positive, 1st day registered 3rd post... but then again if they know so much, must be somebody unwilling to use their regular screen name (probably a beaker sneaking around again... )
Old 11-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
definitly mr positive, 1st day registered 3rd post... but then again if they know so much, must be somebody unwilling to use their regular screen name (probably a beaker sneaking around again... )
Thats pretty funny.If its not true I will eat your hat[the stupid looking one your wore at some boat races]
Old 11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

Oh and let me know how many posts and time i have to give to post stuff
Old 11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

you mean the deliverance hat??? so your saying if you don't have a fountain, you will eat my hat??? time to go shopping for a new one. oh, and you must be a certified post whore to make fun of anything but beak freaks....
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
you mean the deliverance hat??? so your saying if you don't have a fountain, you will eat my hat??? time to go shopping for a new one. oh, and you must be a certified post whore to make fun of anything but beak freaks....
Ill bring you a banjo this year and i dont own a beak
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

we can kick under the motorhome awning and drink moonshine I owe you a drink or two from algonac.

Quick Reply: KW run, 5 star service from OL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.