Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   377 Talon cats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198761-377-talon-cats.html)

mcourson 11-14-2008 02:11 PM

Don't know much about the true Talons, but I believe most of the one by Hustler have centerpods. As far as decks go, the Hustlers all seem to be close in the front and cockpit. Seen alot of different hatches though.

Hustler did come out with a different cockpit layout a few years ago. It was at the Miami boat show in 06 or 07. I believe it was call the 377X. It was four seat set up with wrap around windshield. Very similiar to what you find on a MTI.

Is Gone Again an original Talon or was it made by Hustler.

glassdave 11-14-2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by mcourson (Post 2739718)
Don't know much about the true Talons, but I believe most of the one by Hustler have centerpods. As far as decks go, the Hustlers all seem to be close in the front and cockpit. Seen alot of different hatches though.

Hustler did come out with a different cockpit layout a few years ago. It was at the Miami boat show in 06 or 07. I believe it was call the 377X. It was four seat set up with wrap around windshield. Very similiar to what you find on a MTI.

Is Gone Again an original Talon or was it made by Hustler.

Not sure about Gone Again. I have a few pics of it after it rolled . . . yikes! looked bad. The new deck and canopy is pretty cool, saw it at Desert Storm this year.

Down at the Worlds about five years ago there was a Hustler/Talon 377 that had a really cool aft cabin between the motors and you accessed it through a swing up rear seat arraignment. it was pretty cool.

mcourson 11-14-2008 03:17 PM

The rear cabin was a Hustler thing. My dad's had it and so does the hustler 377's that Lake Cumberland marine had/has

Even with the mid cabin set up, the engine compartments are huge and easy to move around.

glassdave 11-14-2008 03:25 PM

is that mid cabin pretty usable? looked like a good idea and yea when i work with Ed on his i am amazed at the amount of room. got any pics of that part of it?

OL40SVX 11-14-2008 03:36 PM

All the Hustler built Talons have the aft cabin except the few X's that were built. I have always liked the Talons. My local dealer almost took that white one in the pic in on trade. Would have been intersting.:D:D Lake Cumberland has been sitting on those Talons for a while. Id wonder what they'd let them go for? Was told the grey and yellow outboard boat didnt even run 100. The one that always runs up at 1000 Islands is the fixed united nations. Gone Again was an original Talon. Now it has a Talon bottom and a modified Skater deck.

OL40SVX 11-14-2008 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 2738876)
The yellow and white one was built for Ron Chiovitti, a big banana importer here in Toronto. It originally sported triple second Effort v8 omc's. It was rerigged with tripple mercs and runs 109 now I believe. Its a center pod boat.
Cloke on here had a open 37 centerpod boat, United Nations that was originally rigged with triple merc outboards but he converted it to twin 900 poker run motors and wet 6's. Ran in the 130's somewhere.
The old Hott Knots marina boat, Vanishing Point was a open top canopied no pod boat with 900', and dry 6's that ran 137.
Borderline is an open, centerpod boat with 750 NA sterlings and wet 6's that runs 120ish I believe.

These were all early 90's hulls built by Talon.

Borderline was Hustler built I believe.

mcourson 11-15-2008 07:24 AM

Sorry, I don't have any pics. From what I remember, it was just to really wide benchs on each side. I believe they did run up the side a little under the deck so you could lay down.

Airpacker 11-15-2008 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2739499)
I always see this one running 1000 Islands PR. It has big power and runs sweet.

That was cloke's United Nations in its previous life. 900 poker run motors.
It is LOUD :)

Airpacker 11-15-2008 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by mcourson (Post 2739773)
The rear cabin was a Hustler thing. My dad's had it and so does the hustler 377's that Lake Cumberland marine had/has

Even with the mid cabin set up, the engine compartments are huge and easy to move around.

United Nations had the mid cabin too. It was definately pre hustler era.

WildWarrior 11-15-2008 08:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
If it ever stops raining I will get a pick of the cabin,it's pretty big and sleeps two .We only use the cabin for storage as well as our methanol tank,pumps etc.
For us I wish the cabin was a few ft shorter as this boat would handle way better if we could move the engines several ft forward.
We have to pull the engines just to pull our trannies and with the 5" diameter pipes and open headers against the transom these rigs are loud as hell.
You can see in these pics how much space we have between the engines and rear seats,it's all open cabin below.
With all that weight aft she tends to launch bow high, more so than any of our Skater friends running the same water. If your not careful when hitting that rouge tanker wake she may stand straight up.
Stopped our hearts more than a few times!

However as a fast pleasure boat with pod and cabin running In "consistent" water big or small you cant beat the ride of this 37' rig solid as a rock.