If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    will GM be in buisness?

Platinum Member Platinum Member BeakBoater35's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1997 Fountain 35 Lightening
    1000 Islands, New York
    Extended warranties are highly profitable for companies. If an unexpected repair would put someone in a serious bind, then the cost of the warranty would be the morale equivalent of an insurance premium. If you need it, go for it.

That said, I just bought a new Suburban. When I picked up the vehicle the nice folks at the dealership tried their hearts out trying to sell me an extended warranty. . They finally gave up when I told them, and I'm really serious about this, that the money I have saved over decades of not buying extended warranties probably paid for my new truck!

Quote Originally Posted by 800XCR View Post
    I have an 03 3500 Ex-Cab Dually with 63k and have 20 days to extend my warranty for $1900. Bought it new, never an issue.....Thoughts anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
    I had one of the very first 2001, besides a few major marketing problems the truck did nothing but run. Once truck got 200K miles had to rebuild trans, replace fuel pump, and replace front end.

Now have a 2005, truck has 70K miles, have replaced front end already & speedometer.

I have never had an extended warranty before. If I would have had it on this truck I would be at the break even point now.

what did you have to replace in the front end? i have a 2005 HD with a Dmaxx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12