Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This is why it costs so much to go fast!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198916-why-costs-so-much-go-fast.html)

vette131 11-16-2008 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose (Post 2740656)
Ahhhh you just have small hands......:eek:

Just ribbin ya Eddie, looks great!

Bryan

**** you beat me to it!!! grandma always said marry a girl with small hands it makes your pecker look bigger!! looks like you're going to spend some quality time at the vise!

99fever27 11-16-2008 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by vette131 (Post 2740687)
**** you beat me to it!!! grandma always said marry a girl with small hands it makes your pecker look bigger!! looks like you're going to spend some quality time at the vise!

LMAO...:p

yahoo 11-16-2008 03:00 PM

Just curious why wouldnt you use brass fittings ?

JasonSmith 11-16-2008 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by yahoo (Post 2740844)
Just curious why wouldnt you use brass fittings ?

Cuz they are ugly.

Young Performance 11-16-2008 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by vette131 (Post 2740687)

You beat ME to it Mike. Those small hands make me think I'm Superman.

Originally Posted by JasonSmith (Post 2740849)
Cuz they are ugly.

You nailed it Jason. Anyone spending this kind of money for an engine and boat would not accept some ugly brass fittings. I don't know anyone that would accept brass fittings in a $900,000 boat. No offense Yahoo, just stating the facts.

Warparty,
I do keep track on a computer. Every nut, bolt, and fitting are tracked. I lay out the entire plumbing system on paper to see what I need. I keep some stuff in stock, but not this much. I usually just order everything I need for the job and keep my inventory in case I need a fitting that I didn't order. Sometimes the plumbing doesn't lay out like I planned and I need a different fitting. That is the biggest reason I keep stuff on hand.
Eddie

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-16-2008 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=vette131;2740687]**** you beat me to it!!! grandma always said marry a girl with small hands it makes your pecker look bigger!! :eek:

Funny chit right there :ernaehrung004:

jeff32 11-16-2008 07:31 PM

marine = expensive... as simple as that!

Young Performance 11-17-2008 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff P31 (Post 2741037)
Your wallet and or your wife will tell you how fast you can go !!!!!!!!!! :boat:

No truer statement has been spoken.

This boat doesn't need this quality of fittings and hose, the owner wants them. It could be done cheaper, but why would you do it. I guess I look at like this.....If you can afford a $900,000 boat, then this is trivial. It could be done with hose barb fittings and hose clamps, but not only does it look cheap, but at the speed this boat will be capable of, it is a safety issue. If the main water line comes off at 150 mph, do you know how fast the boat will fill up with water? It has a 2.5" id pipe for a water pickup. Screw together fittings are the way to go in a boat this fast.
Eddie

Brad Zastrow 11-17-2008 09:51 AM

Brass fittings have no place on a big power setup and to me that is only 300 hp and up. They are far too restrictive not to mention ugly. Fuel line, water lines and oil lines it is crtical to have a nice smooth flow. I can not tell you how many times I see a bad plumbing job on a big engine and the owner complains about blowing engines.
We spent nearly $5,000 in fittings and hose for my last boat. Dry sump engines require a lot parts.