Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for some input 26-28 ft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/198948-looking-some-input-26-28-ft.html)

cosmic12 11-19-2008 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2742457)
Sunsations have great fit and finish and I have never heard a bad word about them. The ride will be comparable to 280 PQ, but won't hold a candle to Pantera, AT, Powerplay, Apache in rough water.

I think we are all wasting our time with advice since the original thread starter hasn't even back to listen.

Thats the best answer I have seen on this thread. It has been asked and answered so many times its impossible to count and almost always without much info from the guy posting just a very general question and all the answers come back the same way exactly the same every time. What a waste of time:rolleyes:

ImaPoser 11-19-2008 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2742457)
Sunsations have great fit and finish and I have never heard a bad word about them. The ride will be comparable to 280 PQ, but won't hold a candle to Pantera, AT, Powerplay, Apache in rough water.

I think we are all wasting our time with advice since the original thread starter hasn't even back to listen.

Not a complete waste of time. I didn't bother to ask a nearly identical question because I knew if I lurked around long enough, someone else would do it for me.

I'm looking along the same lines, my debate is a new 28 ft single, or a used 32 ft twin. I had Sunsation, AT, Powerplay, formula, and nordic on my list. I'll add pantera to it as well.

Thanks.
Is that good enough, or does it have to be the OP who replies?:food-smiley-007:

cosmic12 11-19-2008 09:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ImaPoser (Post 2742660)
Not a complete waste of time. I didn't bother to ask a nearly identical question because I knew if I lurked around long enough, someone else would do it for me.

I'm looking along the same lines, my debate is a new 28 ft single, or a used 32 ft twin. I had Sunsation, AT, Powerplay, formula, and nordic on my list. I'll add pantera to it as well.

Thanks.

OK, Well I looked at all of them and ended up with the A.T. Best all round boat in that size. Great freeboard (safety) cabin size (overniteing) Handles like a much larger boat (I think it thinks it is 32 ft) will spank alot of 32fters in the rough. Custom built solid as a rock. TRUE 28 FT. add a swim deck you have a 31 by most other builders stanard's. I could go on but you get the picture.

Griff 11-19-2008 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ImaPoser (Post 2742660)

Thanks.

Please jump into any thread and post questions at any time. Its good to know we we're typing for reason. I would say the rough water ride of a 28 pantera or 28 AT are comparable to most 32's. The Sunsations are great boats, but will beat you up in the rough a lot more.

Beak Boater 11-19-2008 12:23 PM

Did I miss somthing, or did the one posting, asking for information, ever post again? Maybe they are just lurking.

TexomaPowerboater 11-19-2008 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2742733)
OK, Well I looked at all of them and ended up with the A.T. Best all round boat in that size. Great freeboard (safety) cabin size (overniteing) Handles like a much larger boat (I think it thinks it is 32 ft) will spank alot of 32fters in the rough. Custom built solid as a rock. TRUE 28 FT. add a swim deck you have a 31 by most other builders stanard's. I could go on but you get the picture.

Ha, my boat thinks its a 35:evilb: Went through them all, in short its which one is on your short list that is in your price range. 28 saber, 28 pantera, and 28 apache were on my short list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqroMMrv10A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GEdSDw1xy4

Powerplay25 11-19-2008 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2742733)

Great looking boat. Did you just buy recently? Those graphics look familiar.

cosmic12 11-19-2008 02:33 PM

I no longer have it, (longer story) But I bought it new from Pat Active Thunder in the spring of 06. I loved the boat, it is in Buffalo N.Y. now.

OL40SVX 11-19-2008 02:51 PM

Sutphen has a great 26. The new 277 will even be better!

Gladhe8er 11-19-2008 03:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Aother vote for 28 AT. The rough water perfromance of this boat really impresses me. Big Time has a 29 Fountain and I hammer him in the snot!:evilb::grinser010::eek::rolleyes: