Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for a job (again) need some suggestions. >

Looking for a job (again) need some suggestions.

Notices

Looking for a job (again) need some suggestions.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

25 Billion will keep them alive for 6 months then they come back for another, and another, and another until they finally file for CH 11. This reminds me of when my mother was a Manager at UPS and the Teamsters were striking. UPS wanted control of the pension because they were the only one's paying into it. Yellow, Overnight, etc were all in the red and could not pay in. UPS was footing the bill for many other companies. UPS offered the Teamsters a huge raise in pay and benefitsi n the amount the other failing companies were sucking off and the idiots kicked and screamed because they wanted of all people, the Teamsters to handle the pension money. Lets face it, most in the unions aren't that smart and follow these unioin leaders like lemmings right over the cliff. We would sit at my mom's house and laugh our arses off at what these sheep were screaming for. I guarantee you these union leaders are amazed at what they can pull of on "their people."
Old 11-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Simplicity

It's simple math. All the other non big three automotive corporations are providing better products at better prices. Until the big three can get their labor costs inline with what the other manufacturers pay the big three are doomed. Top to bottom board room to assembly line there is just too much money taken out of the company. Toyota motors the CEO makes 20 times the lowest paid worker. GM? more like a 1000 times.... Go figure.

Last edited by 29Firefox; 11-21-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Registered

unions have negotiated themselves out of work!!the new contracts are good but there are too many retirees costing the big 3 there profits. but they will get this money cause they own the democrats