If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    boatless... with money in the bank!!
    the customers just wanna get there "bling on" on TV.... yeah thats how i roll... one arm shake/hug big will... man thats tight

Platinum Member Platinum Member yesrej's Avatar
    My Boats:
    25 baja outlaw 2002
    newbugh ny
    well all i have to say is the boat looked great. customer looked happy. mahopac and sunsation did a great showing of the boat. im impressed. nice job guys.

My Boats:
    10 foot Kayak
    Long Island,New York
    Will is a piece of garbage!!

My Boats:
    12ft. Aluminum Canoe
    Closer than you might think..........
    Just finished watching the show. It was quick and not as much detail as I would like to see.

Screw the Jeeps and do the entire show on Sunsation!

I really didn't get to see the install, so no opinion, but then I never watch those type of shows anyway.

Two things bothered me though.

1. Using some type of paper towel on Mitcher T's paint while rubbing something on.
    2. Considering that Mitcher T uses my products. I didn't like some guys from philly spraying some type of tire shine product on the fiberglass.

If Unique is going to be focusing on boats in Miami then hire someone that just does boat. Boat care is completely different than car care, so do your homework and find the best in the business!

If this show is something that Sunsation is going to pursue then please let me know. I'll give Mitch a few cases for you guys and help where needed.

Quote Originally Posted by marineclean View Post
    If Unique is going to be focusing on boats in Miami then hire someone that just does boat. Boat care is completely different than car care, so do your homework and find the best in the business!

premier performance, best in the business as far as custom goes.

Regardless of how you feel about Unique iif the show wasn't drawing veiwers, it wouldn't be on T.V.
    Hat's off to the Sunsation guys and Mahopac for smart free marketing in a down economy. Their on a roll as of late and still selling boats in one of the worst economic conditions that this country has seen in a long time, while others wait around hoping things change.
    Last edited by ZP'd; 11-19-2008 at 06:52 AM.

My Boats:
    Formula 330SS
    Navarre, FL
    I watched the show last night, the install looked decent but it was pretty basic... I would rather have a nice surround system down below and a banging system up top. The whole thing was too quick to get a good idea of how they actually installed it but I do think it looked nice, just kind of basic for a TV show.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    It came out nice and the customer DID ask for it to be basic. I did notice that they used MDF on the boat. BIG TIME NO NO!! Mahopac, if you continue to use him make sure that he uses other products and only stainless steel. Things like starboard..... Other then that it was some good coverage for you, good job!!
    Put your best foot forward!

Gold Member Gold Member thedonz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    one ballsy Top Gun, a very fast Skater, one real fun Avance....oh yeah, and two Boston Whalers
    Vice City & Tavernier, FL
    iti s an interesting show to me, obviously we don't get to see the finished product up close and personal to really see the detail.....we all know on camera things can look real good while in person you see the defects........that guy from Miami seemed to be a guy that cares about his work, though........

there's a lot of drama on the show because it is, well, a, why such urgency to get the "twins" back in a week? Puffy likes drama, simple....he looked like an idiot hanging out the driver's side as he drives down the street.....

but hey, like it or not, you have to give props to Will for the business he has created..........
    Last edited by thedonz; 11-19-2008 at 07:38 AM.
    It is a Skater Nation!

Platinum Member Platinum Member Knot 4 Me's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Central IL
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    I have to laugh at all those shows, Rides/ Am Chopper / pimp / unique / the Truck one / Over haul'n all of them are such B.S. to anyone that has been around or built a few cars, bikes, boats, I have done show cars and alot of over the top customs and when I see Chip Foose and his boys almost completely cover a car with bondo I gotta think hummm what's up with that. I gyess they don't know what a body hammer and dolly are or have a clue how to use a torch to gas wield or to shrink with heat. Enough of the rant I just hope all goes well with the boats. Good Luck I say.
    Chip Foose is hardly a hack. Can you say, Riddler Award?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast