Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Imperial Boats - what's the story on these? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/199030-imperial-boats-whats-story-these.html)

raynman 11-19-2008 04:11 PM

After looking at the ad I can say that's not the "Omni" hull typical of most Imperials. Also I don't remember anything like that in their catalogue. Check out the VIN to make sure it's an Imperial.

otis311 11-19-2008 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by raynman (Post 2743039)
After looking at the ad I can say that's not the "Omni" hull typical of most Imperials. Also I don't remember anything like that in their catalogue. Check out the VIN to make sure it's an Imperial.

110% sure that that is an Imperial. They bought the hull in 1986 or 1987

BRET 11-20-2008 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by otis311 (Post 2742474)
I heard the hull is from Cig. But it was still produced by Imperial the "butter boat"" king. ALL the other hulls had the pattened Omni Hull design instead of the squared off back transoms. Ill say it again STAY AWAY

I was wondering when you were going to say "butter Boat".

Brings back some memories. I think I still have the picture of the bolsters on the dock after you tried to hod them up with the cooler. LOL.

otis311 11-21-2008 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by BRET (Post 2743579)
I was wondering when you were going to say "butter Boat".

Brings back some memories. I think I still have the picture of the bolsters on the dock after you tried to hod them up with the cooler. LOL.

ahhhh the good old days my friend !!

I remember throwing the bolster seat overboard trying to get one more mile and hour out of her trying to pass you !!

sheerant 03-22-2018 03:39 PM

The truth about the 27 Imperial / 27 Cigarette Squadron

The 27 Imperial was made in South Florida by Don Aronow for Imperial. (Due to all the non competes at the time.) Only 20 were produced making them EXTREMELY RARE. You can tell how solid the hulls are just by seeing the depth of the transom alone. Also you will never see one of these with any stress cracks. Basically these boats have nothing to do with the company Imperial other then they are titled as an Imperial. They are almost identical to the 27 Cigarette Squadron except for two things. The helm is on the Starboard side and the cabin has a nice interiors so you have some privacy. If you can find one these rare examples you'll be very lucky to own a true Don Aronow boat.

sheerant 03-22-2018 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by otis311 (Post 2742014)
owned a 1985 and a 1987

JUNK

The 27 Imperial from 1986 has nothing to do with any other Imperial's. The 27 Imperial Offshore was produced by Don Aronow for Imperial in South Florida.