Stealing Food From Hardworking People

Notices

Stealing Food From Hardworking People

Old 11-22-2008, 12:13 PM
NorTechNorth.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stealing Food From Hardworking People

I have been wanting to get this off my chest for a while but I have been BUSY. Imagine that. A boat dealer being busy. Frankie (sellsman11) had a thread with this tone on OSO about a week ago. Terry from NT had some great comments as well. Kudos to them. I am going to take 20 minutes out of my busy work day (yes I am working on Saturday) and let it all out.

Like any other, the boating industry is cyclical. The industry certainly is not in the boom period of the cycle. I am sure that whatever industry you are in may be a similar part of its cycle.

I keep an eye on these boards because they are industry related. 90 percent of what I have seen on SOS and OSO has been negative for weeks.

Guys... Boats are your release. I am sure you face enough negativity in your job. Have fun on here. Everyone is fighting. I am pretty sure that whoever doesn't like someone else is public knowledge by now. Let's get back to having fun on here. I am sure that's why you joined these forums in the first place.

What really bothers me is the speculative threads about who is going out of business. Thank God we have not been on the recieving end of one of these vicious, malicious, fabricated, stupid attacks.

Before you come on one of these boards and say "I heard ____ is in trouble," think for a moment.

You may not like a certain boat brand. That is fine. But do you have grudges against the good men and women working in the glass shops, interior, parts, rigging, service, dealerships, cafeterias, clothing, marketing, accounting and maintenance departments? These people are working hard to feed their families and you are threatening their livelihood for your entertainment. It is pure schoolyard. If your BS thread stops one person from ordering a boat, you are taking food off the workers tables. Times are tough for some builders and they need help, not hinderance. I know for a fact that a relatively healthy builder lost a build because of a nasty, malicious, totally false rumor about their finances. I am sure that is not the only boat that has been lost to this garbage.

The next time anyone wants to start a thread on "my sister heard XYZ Powerboats has cash problems," I urge you to do one of two things:

A) Think of how much you enjoy boating. Share a great boating story, maybe even some pics with all of us. I guarantee that the rest of us will enjoy the thread much more than ANOTHER BS thread.

or

B) Take the 10 or 15 minutes you were going to use to "stir the pot" and make a few extra bucks at your job to take advantage of the great boat prices or some of that cheap fuel we can buy now for our boats.

Let me repeat one thing: If you start or spread a BS rumor about a builder, you are taking food off hard working people's tables.

Read it again. Let it sink in.

Great. It's off my chest. Time to get back to work.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like my mother used to say , " if you used your head for something constructive you'd be dangerous"

Nice post !!
Old 11-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

So, Skip Braver isn't buying OL at a bankruptcy auction? ... Seriously, I am sick and tired of all the negative $hit on here as well. Let's try and keep it positive!

Last edited by pm203; 11-22-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Here's a positive note.All of us here love boats and boating.Those of you that would like to buy a new boat but were unwilling or unable to pay the price,might want to reconsider. Go to a dealer you trust and take advantage of him.You might be surprised at how cheap you can buy the boat of your dreams now. I've been a dealer for 40+ years and I've never seen such a good opportunity for a serious buyer.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

nice post double r, i think we all need to relax alittle around here,
Old 11-22-2008, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Well said, Peter. As I stated on a more Serious offshore boating forum, very true and needed to be said.
Lately I have been tired of all the negativity and it has taken much away from a sport I love greatly.
I have been spending this last while putting together a Fun Run for our Ft. Myers Offshore Group next Saturday. A week from today, 25 offshores in southwest Florida will get out for a great day on the water and hopefully remember what we are supposed to be about. Enjoying our boats.
You, Raymond, Eddie, Darryl et al will continue to do well, because you will not let it drag you down. Congrats to all the good people at DoubleR Performance / NorTech North. It has always been a pleasure to do busuness with you guys.
Bob
Old 11-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why all the negativity about negative posts?

Old 11-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered

If a dealer or manufacturer were going out of business I would like to know. Should you just let people give deposits, which are quite large for most of the boats around here, and possibly loose their money? Some folks come on here to do research so they don't get screwed. Back to your regularly scheduled butt slapping.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by isellpower
If a dealer or manufacturer were going out of business I would like to know. Should you just let people give deposits, which are quite large for most of the boats around here, and possibly loose their money? Some folks come on here to do research so they don't get screwed. Back to your regularly scheduled butt slapping.
Not to be negative (LOL), but I think you have missed Peter's point. This is what he highlighted in his post -

What really bothers me is the speculative threads about who is going out of business. Thank God we have not been on the recieving end of one of these vicious, malicious, fabricated, stupid attacks.

There was nothing to indicate in the initial post of the threads that he is referring to about anyone wanting to know so they could then decide who they would buy a boat from. Even if that were the case, it can be done in a positive, not a negative way. No one is saying to not do your due diligence before buying nor to put your deposit at risk. There are intelligent ways to accomplish that.

Bob
Old 11-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by isellpower
Yes but he is talking about SPECULATION
....and some people come on her just to stir up crap for no reason.......and dont even own a boat or have no means or intent of purchasing one. Two sides to this as always ......

Quick Reply: Stealing Food From Hardworking People

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.