Salvage offer: 1050 Sterlings & #6 Drives, plus all rigging from "Pammy"

Notices

Salvage offer: 1050 Sterlings & #6 Drives, plus all rigging from "Pammy"

Old 11-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:
I really have no need for the boat and equipment. I do not need to have the fastest towboat on the lake.

LOL, That would be quite the tow boat!

Sorry for the quick assumption. The Sea Tow stuff has everyone thinking the worst. I'm sure your help in resolving that part of his estate was a relief to his family.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarineAssist
Guys, before it gets too out of hand,
Good thinking Don.

Nice post. IMHO, Some photos of the engines in the ad might help. They are by and far the most valuable part of what's there.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sad situation for sure.... I never met Kevin but based on what I have read He seemed like a really special person... Looking at the pictures would it even be possible to safely repair that boat???? Is it worth fixing..... Meaning would it cost more to buy and fix then it would be worth... salvage title, Damage history.... Etc. Etc.. I would imagine that the only place that could handle a repair like that would be the Skater factory.... Any thoughts???

Last edited by maxonmike; 11-28-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
Bob Hanson ,in Sarasota can fix it.
And i dont think it would be NOT worth it, depends aon how much you pay for it now.

Repair cost i say is around 30 K.
Not a smartass question:
Can the boat be fixed and be safe for the next owner? I don't see how the hull could possibly be as good as new in regards to safety to allow somebody to go run 130mph down the lake etc....! Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know much about fiberglass repair etc.
James
Old 11-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
Not a smartass question:
Can the boat be fixed and be safe for the next owner? I don't see how the hull could possibly be as good as new in regards to safety to allow somebody to go run 130mph down the lake etc....! Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know much about fiberglass repair etc.
James
Anything fiberglass can be fixed and be just as strong IF it is done by the correct person. I thinkt that 30K is WAY low for a price to repair this boat. I would think that you will be close to that in paint work.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If that boat can be fixed for 30K I would love to hire him asap for huge $$$$$.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by MarineAssist
Guys, before it gets too out of hand, Kevin only had parents for next of kin. Kevin's dad wanted nothing to do with the boat and says he really does not want to see the water ever again himself. I offered to help him sell the boat, like a broker. He did not want to go that route. He really just wanted to put this part of this behind them. He settled with the insurance company and I sent him a check for the boat. It was no where near in trade for my work.

As you may have guessed, his parents have their hands full getting the estate all settled, so getting this done, to them, felt like removing another burden off of them.

I really have no need for the boat and equipment. I do not need to have the fastest towboat on the lake. I just figured I would post it here to see if anybody can make some use of it all. The insurance company did not want the boat, as they had settled for less than insured value and there was no bank involved. I took it upon myself to brand the title as salvage, just so there would be no mistakes later on down the road.

That is about it. It is truly a sad story, but what else can you do at this point. Someone will get a great deal and make use of all this stuff.
wow, good for you. in a time where many other companies think about sheer profit, you added the human touch. No good deeds go unpunished.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:37 AM
jimdarr40

the hull is destroyed, 30k would'nt touch it at all, I know the Spectre that went over at LOTO a few years ago had 90k in repairs, and it had way less fiberglass repair. It is also a carbon, kevlar, epoxy layup, not just fiberglass there will be damage even where you cannot see, future stress points. can't imagine anyone buying the boat fixed by anyone but Skater. I believe it will be parted out. There will be so many things out of whack due to the impact, it probably would never run correctly again, looks like the drives are twisted, stressed, all those stressed, damaged parts at 130mph, unsafe.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Registered

I don't think there should be any thought on even trying to save that boat, it should be destroyed! where is the "respect and honor" in trying to salvage a boat that a man was so violently killed in? Just sell off the power.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
I don't think there should be any thought on even trying to save that boat, it should be destroyed! where is the "respect and honor" in trying to salvage a boat that a man was so violently killed in? Just sell off the power.

This is the exact reason I had the title branded SALVAGE. It is just easier to transport the engines and drives, plus you get all the rigging, steering, fire supression system, etc.

If it ends up that I sell the power separate from the hull, I intend to scrap the empty shell.

Quick Reply: Salvage offer: 1050 Sterlings & #6 Drives, plus all rigging from "Pammy"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.