Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Salvage offer: 1050 Sterlings & #6 Drives, plus all rigging from "Pammy" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/199445-salvage-offer-1050-sterlings-6-drives-plus-all-rigging-pammy.html)

jerseygirl 11-28-2008 09:16 AM

I don't think there should be any thought on even trying to save that boat, it should be destroyed! where is the "respect and honor" in trying to salvage a boat that a man was so violently killed in? Just sell off the power.

MarineAssist 11-28-2008 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jerseygirl (Post 2748899)
I don't think there should be any thought on even trying to save that boat, it should be destroyed! where is the "respect and honor" in trying to salvage a boat that a man was so violently killed in? Just sell off the power.

This is the exact reason I had the title branded SALVAGE. It is just easier to transport the engines and drives, plus you get all the rigging, steering, fire supression system, etc.

If it ends up that I sell the power separate from the hull, I intend to scrap the empty shell.

hotboat11 11-28-2008 10:47 AM

36 skater

i am with jerseygirl it should be destroyed

northernoffshore 11-28-2008 11:31 AM

the hull is done . How much for it?

LaughingCat 11-28-2008 12:22 PM

Sounds like pretty Kosher situation. Unlike Parker's Bonefish Spectre that appears to be rebuilt and in use.

Hi-jack alert! Does anyone know if the current owner is aware of the boat's history?

TEAMBAJA 11-28-2008 12:34 PM

I think the title of this thread should be changed.

MarineAssist came in with a couple respectable posts and in my opinion has represented well.

jerseygirl 11-28-2008 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2749013)
I think the title of this thread should be changed.

MarineAssist came in with a couple respectable posts and in my opinion has represented well.

I agree, he sounds like a good guy and his thinking is in the right place. I just know from personal experience that it could only make Kevin's parents feel worse to think that 'that' boat is out there somewhere, destroying it can help lay the situation to rest for them.

BAJA WILL 11-28-2008 02:17 PM

While this is a very sad situation, lets be honest, their are salvagable parts. I agree the boat should never be put back on the water.

WILL

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-28-2008 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2748784)
Bob Hanson ,in Sarasota can fix it.
And i dont think it would be NOT worth it, depends aon how much you pay for it now.

Repair cost i say is around 30 K.

Repair cost i say is around 30 K:rolleyes: Not a chance in H@LL BIG Daddy ...... NO question at all that SKATER can fix it but would be cheaper to pull the motor & drives and have Peter make a new hull... my .02
Marine Assist email me i could use the motors & drives like right now :ernaehrung004: