Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Salvage offer: 1050 Sterlings & #6 Drives, plus all rigging from "Pammy" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/199445-salvage-offer-1050-sterlings-6-drives-plus-all-rigging-pammy.html)

Marginmn 11-28-2008 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2749013)
I think the title of this thread should be changed.

MarineAssist came in with a couple respectable posts and in my opinion has represented well.

Don's Marine Assist boats are a familiar and welcome site on Lake Cumberland. I am one of his customers and can say that he is regarded as a top notch professional around the lake. I've met his son too and they are good people.

offshoredrillin 11-28-2008 05:59 PM

I too, applaud Dons efforts in helping a family through a tough time and willing to risk a lil bit to do the right thing. Please dont let this thread turn into a bunch of internet crap about what should, could and would be done IF someone had the money.
I honestly feel that Don has taken on a tremendous financial risk to help a family deal with it's grief in hopes to maybe break even in the end, keep in mind that he hasn't shown a dime of profit. Lets try to honor a fallen comrade who loved our sport, and someone that is doing the right thing rather than trying to exploit money from a grieving family in their time of sorrow.

Magicfloat 11-28-2008 06:13 PM

Well said,drillin

t500hps 11-28-2008 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat (Post 2749159)
Well said,drillin

I feel the same as Robert. Rob put it in words well. Marine assist is being COMPLETELY upfront about the boat and it's history. The hardware is of value and the hull trailer would be the easiest way to transport it around un til sold.

frankenstein 11-29-2008 01:48 AM

Marine Assist logged on out of courtesy with all the right intentions ( probably spelled wrong ), nothing but the correct moves intended.

32agitator 11-29-2008 08:56 AM

the deck has been blown off my 32 skater in the day when it raced and its better than new that boat can be fixed and when my eliminator sank we pickeled my engines and now they are in my new skater they still run as hard as they did in the eliminator

craig s 12-03-2008 05:51 PM

36 skater pammy

IT WOULD KILL ME TO SEE THAT BOAT OUT ON THE WATER AGAIN AND HOPE THAT IT DONT HAPPEN. I miss kevin and think about him everyday. that was the last time we were together.

DollaBill 12-03-2008 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2749081)
Repair cost i say is around 30 K:rolleyes: Not a chance in H@LL BIG Daddy ...... NO question at all that SKATER can fix it but would be cheaper to pull the motor & drives and have Peter make a new hull... my .02
Marine Assist email me i could use the motors & drives like right now :ernaehrung004:

30k my azz LOL. Maybe 100K in glass paint and structural and another 50-100K paint, wiring, etc. Hell, it'll cost you 5K to get it where it needs to go to fixed

jimdarr40 12-03-2008 06:14 PM

boat has been sold.

jeff32 12-03-2008 07:38 PM

the link in classified does not work for me...