Raffle for a 38 Cig Top Gun >

Raffle for a 38 Cig Top Gun

Notices

Raffle for a 38 Cig Top Gun

Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I would say.........go back to the bar. You will never get that many people interested, and what happens in you only sell 10 or 20 tickets? What is the sales price to the winner for tax reasons?

I tend to agree with you. If it were tied to some good cause like the other auction I could see throwing away that kind of coin, but not without it. I think he'd be able to sell about half the tickets necessary then have to call it off.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Look at the Active Thunder Rafffle and do what ever they didn't in order to be successful. The boat seems fine but their organization of the raffle is/was terrible.
We are always open to positive input........what could we do better ? What was terrible ?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:50 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Ask OSO Steve about that raffle of the sick guys Bullet.... I believe some of the people that bought tickets on C.C.'s...when they didn't win, contested the charges with the C.C.

pretty low-down if you ask me.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TSPM
We are always open to positive input........what could we do better ? What was terrible ?
Reply to the half dozen threads that have been started about it. Keep the main thread up to date as far as ticket sales. It was really drawn out when questions were asked about the legality and legitimacy of it. A quick link to the charity and web page for the auction in your signature would be nice. Post it somewhere as to the tax results of winning.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what a sweet looking boat, it sure looks like mint cond. to me, it has to be 1 of the best 2002 i have seen
Old 12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Have the bottoms on the 38 Top Guns changed much since this 2002 came out? If so in what year(s) did they change them?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

not to be a dic, but try lowering the price... that thing looks mint, and is prolly by far the nicest/best shape 2002 top gun out there. that being said it is 7 years old and for 179k you can buy ALOT right now

i had to sell my Fountatin for alot less than i had wanted, but in the long run its gone now and im saving on payments, dry storage, insurance, etc......... and enjoying the chit out of the new one
Old 12-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by TSPM
Yeah, get it over with!

First raffle date was an upcoming poker run, then Thanksgiving now Christmas or bust/refund.

The OSO Bullet one seemed to go much smoother and had an end result. Your raffle seems ill-promoted and never concludes. The boat is fine but the promotion/business side of the concept has been terrible.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered

None of those guys could get you drunk enough to sell it to them for 100K? I'll buy a ticket or two depending on price and your ability to prove that one of your friends doesn't magically "win" the raffle.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My worry would also be that the process is fixed. If it is done in a way to make people comfortable that it is not the case I would definitely be in.

Quick Reply: Raffle for a 38 Cig Top Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.