Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chi-Town-Hustler "Mark Smith" father passed away (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/199837-chi-town-hustler-mark-smith-father-passed-away.html)

10x 12-06-2008 12:40 PM

Chi-Town-Hustler "Mark Smith" father passed away

Al Smith, father of Mark Smith, passed away late last night in a nursing home in Naperville Ill. Al was in his upper 80's, and started getting very ill a few weeks ago. He is survived by his son Mark and Mark's 3 brothers.

Al was a very, very highly decorated officer in our armed forces. He served in the military most of his life. He was an officer in the Special Forces branch, and was called on for some of our countries most dangerous missions overseas, over the past 50 years.

I had the opportunity to share in some of his memories. The one that forever will be etched into my mind was this one.
He was sent behind enemy lines armed with only a bayonet. The mission was to take out all the soldiers that were on guard, in a trench, and without any gunshots fired. Al fought and eliminated (17) enemy soldiers without any shots being fired, all with hand to hand combat.

He, in my eyes, is a true hero. It's people like him that put their own lives in harms way, so that people like us can enjoy our freedom, and go boating and play on our computers.

Services for Al Smith will be held on Tuesday, Dec 9th, from 3-8 pm, at Hurstens Funeral home, in Hillside Ill. Located on the S/W corner of the intersection of Roosevelt rd. and Manheim rd.

May he forever R.I.P.

boatfreak 12-06-2008 01:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear this
My deepest condolences Mark

TeamShogren.com 12-06-2008 01:25 PM

Regards,

Marc,

Sorry to hear of your fathers passing, I know you make many references to him which means he had a tremendous impact on your life and your character.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

FREEDOM US1 12-06-2008 01:32 PM

Sorry about your Dad Marc. He must have been one hell of a man!!

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-06-2008 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2754111)
Al Smith, father of Mark Smith, passed away late last night in a nursing home in Naperville Ill. Al was in his upper 80's, and started getting very ill a few weeks ago. He is survived by his son Mark and Mark's 3 brothers.

Al was a very, very highly decorated officer in our armed forces. He served in the military most of his life. He was an officer in the Special Forces branch, and was called on for some of our countries most dangerous missions overseas, over the past 50 years.

I had the opportunity to share in some of his memories. The one that forever will be etched into my mind was this one.
He was sent behind enemy lines armed with only a bayonet. The mission was to take out all the soldiers that were on guard, in a trench, and without any gunshots fired. Al fought and eliminated (17) enemy soldiers without any shots being fired, all with hand to hand combat.

He, in my eyes, is a true hero. It's people like him that put their own lives in harms way, so that people like us can enjoy our freedom, and go boating and play on our computers.

Services for Al Smith will be held on Tuesday, Dec 9th, from 3-8 pm, at Hurstens Funeral home, in Hillside Ill. Located on the S/W corner of the intersection of Roosevelt rd. and Manheim rd.

May he forever R.I.P.

Our deepest sympathy goes out to Mark & his family. I'm sure he will be missed by all those who knew & loved him, but will not forgotten in their hearts & memories. He truely was an American & the story you told so eloquently reaffirmed that. Mark was blessed to have had a father like him. Our thanks to his service to our country. God Speed, Pinky & Bill :(:(

AIR TIME 12-06-2008 01:47 PM

Mark sorry for the lose of your father. he was a true AMERICAN HERO. God Bless and rest in peace AL Smith.:( artie

lucky strike 12-06-2008 01:51 PM

Sorry for your loss.

Your Dad sounds like he was one tough cookie.

Roger 1 12-06-2008 02:01 PM

Sorry for your loss Mark.

Roger

Indy 12-06-2008 02:43 PM

Sorry for your loss :(

BobbyB 12-06-2008 04:07 PM

Sorry for your loss Mark