If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    1980 27' Excalibur Speedster
    Houston, TX

Anyone in TX recognize this Scarab?

My friend just bought this Scarab and can't seem to get the prev. owner to return any phone now it's a guessing game.

Anyone recognize it...or have any info to share? He loves it and it seems to run good as far as we can tell.

It has a green button on the throttle (just a green spring-loaded push toggle function) that is zip-tied to the throttle shaft. Not sure what that was for. MY guess was for NOS at some time, but we don't know for sure.

Anyone know this hull?

My Boats:
    2005 Velocity 260
    Rockford, IL
    I don't know that particular boat ,but it is a 22 ft. Scarab. I had one for about 7 years. It's a fun boat to rip around in. Very responsive. The speed posted is probably a little optimistic. Mine ran 70.6 with a 454 MPI. Then put in a 502 MPI that ran 74.1 with a labbed 25P Mirage Plus. Mine was a 1996. I put in the high back bucket seats that came in the 1998's and did a custom dash that turned out real sharp. I learned a lot about driving, running it in as rough a water that it could handle for many years. Be safe and have fun!