Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Liquid Technologies SL44 on KC Craigslist (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/199979-liquid-technologies-sl44-kc-craigslist.html)

isellpower 12-10-2008 08:28 PM

Spill the beans guys. What are the disadvantages of the aluminum hull compared to fiberglass other than it will blister your feet if you walk on it after a few hours in the summer sun.

jeff1000man 12-10-2008 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by isellpower (Post 2757006)
Spill the beans guys. What are the disadvantages of the aluminum hull compared to fiberglass other than it will blister your feet if you walk on it after a few hours in the summer sun.

Yeah, that thing has got to be smokin hot. Especially down here in TX, where it is 110 anyway.

If I ever get one, I am putting a vinyl sticker of a skillet on the deck. :party-smiley-004:

dykstra 12-10-2008 09:29 PM

way cool boat

rockit man 12-10-2008 09:50 PM

Not that hot

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2757012)
Yeah, that thing has got to be smokin hot. Especially down here in TX, where it is 110 anyway.

If I ever get one, I am putting a vinyl sticker of a skillet on the deck. :party-smiley-004:

I thought it would be hot too but discovered that it was no hotter than a glass boat when we were at Lake havasu and it was 115 deg. If it was polished I think it would be hot but painted it was not bad .I walked the deck many times in bare feet at havasu . I thought it would be noisy also but discovered it was actually quiter than other glass boats we went for a ride in to check the noise. I can think of no disadvantages of aluminum actualy the other way around. No rot, no flex, stuff this one at 100 mph , run up on the beach , hit something in the water and no hole, any good welder anywhere can repair , no rattels, no delamination, on and on. always easy to mount accessorys by just threading ,
weight savings This boat weighs 7990 lbs dry and fully rigged like it is. Thats a lot lighter than any other 44x8.5 ft boat I know of. Thanks Wayne

jeff1000man 12-10-2008 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by rockit man (Post 2757065)
I thought it would be hot too but discovered that it was no hotter than a glass boat when we were at Lake havasu and it was 115 deg. If it was polished I think it would be hot but painted it was not bad .I walked the deck many times in bare feet at havasu . I thought it would be noisy also but discovered it was actually quiter than other glass boats we went for a ride in to check the noise. I can think of no disadvantages of aluminum actualy the other way around. No rot, no flex, stuff this one at 100 mph , run up on the beach , hit something in the water and no hole, any good welder anywhere can repair , no rattels, no delamination, on and on. always easy to mount accessorys by just threading ,
weight savings This boat weighs 7990 lbs dry and fully rigged like it is. Thats a lot lighter than any other 4.5 ft boat I know of. Thanks Wayne

That's good to hear. :cool:

jeff1000man 12-10-2008 10:29 PM

So how fast is it?

bojoe2 12-10-2008 10:56 PM

nice ride

rockit man 12-10-2008 11:13 PM

Speed

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2757089)
So how fast is it?

The set up was not for speed it was for the ride in 4-5 ft seas
at speed . The fastest I got it with this setup was 101 with just me low fuel and a very long run in 2 ft chop It will hit 90-95 anywhere with full load 5 big guys ,200 gal fuel ,all gear and run it all day long. What we discovered at the SCOPE run was when we were out in the big blue we could run 80-90 mph with a good ride, no other boats could run with us not becouse they werent faster ,they were but becouse they were being beat to death. I had a pro driving the boat at SCOPE and at LOTTO and he was amoung many that could not believe how well the boat handled the big stuff.
I really believe that the first one to drive the boat will pull out his check book on the spot. A flight to Portland Ore is cheap to drive this boat if anyone is serious I will pick you up and pay your flight if you buy it .I will even deliver it within a reaso nable distance . I know there are a lot of great deals out there right now but mine is priced way below the curve .
Tim @ Oregon Custom Marinehas financing for you too.

Viperfitness1 12-10-2008 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by rockit man (Post 2757104)
The set up was not for speed it was for the ride in 4-5 ft seas
at speed . The fastest I got it with this setup was 101 with just me low fuel and a very long run in 2 ft chop It will hit 90-95 anywhere with full load 5 big guys ,200 gal fuel ,all gear and run it all day long. What we discovered at the SCOPE run was when we were out in the big blue we could run 80-90 mph with a good ride, no other boats could run with us not becouse they werent faster ,they were but becouse they were being beat to death. I had a pro driving the boat at SCOPE and at LOTTO and he was amoung many that could not believe how well the boat handled the big stuff.
I really believe that the first one to drive the boat will pull out his check book on the spot. A flight to Portland Ore is cheap to drive this boat if anyone is serious I will pick you up and pay your flight if you buy it .I will even deliver it within a reaso nable distance . I know there are a lot of great deals out there right now but mine is priced way below the curve .
Tim @ Oregon Custom Marinehas financing for you too.

i read in another thread that the boat is looking for a race sponsor to race next year?

if so, then how do you think it will handle race conditions and what is the name of the race team that will be running the boat?? if no sponser...

jeff1000man 12-11-2008 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1 (Post 2757113)
i read in another thread that the boat is looking for a race sponsor to race next year?

if so, then how do you think it will handle race conditions and what is the name of the race team that will be running the boat?? if no sponser...

It would be racing if I had it. Racing to the bar every weekend and out in the Gulf. :ernaehrung004: