Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockit man
No trade went for cash. Thanks
Was that the original?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

No ,this one was the second one that was produced . The company is concentrating on the smaller boats right now and is very busy you can see the smaller boats at ( riverwildboats.com) Thanks
Old 12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default transport

rocket, how is he getting it back to east coast. because I need a trailer brought to seattle. jenks.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:34 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Default Sl44

Are you kidding me !!Mr SS40 where have you been, Aluminum is the future in many boats. There are 10's of thousands of aluminum boats out there and growing fast.
Europe has embraced it and have so for 50 + years ,the Coast Guard has embraced it for 60 + years . It has limitations but far less than glass . WE have sold over 500 boats and the factory is having its best year ever.The first boat was the mule and the second is perfect for rough water .Tres is my friend and helped us a lot and that is NOT !! what he said so lets get it straight. Never expected to hit a home run with the first boat Had we put bravos on it it would have been a totaly different boat and that what is going to go on the first hull now so watch for it next summer.WE have been building boats since 1999 you can look at ( riverwildboats.com) .Was never trying to compete with the cookie cutter boats ours are all custom and we are backlogged for 6 months now with orders. JUst wanted to get it straight .

Thanks Wayne
Old 12-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking that boat would be really mean with a heavy transmision type drive on the back of it instead on an Arneson, since there is a lot of weight up front. Combine that with a heavy bow lifting prop.

You guys can build me the next prototype as long as you can do it for that price. Oh, and add a cabin, A/C and Genset.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:35 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I was thinking that boat would be really mean with a heavy transmision type drive on the back of it instead on an Arneson, since there is a lot of weight up front. Combine that with a heavy bow lifting prop.

You guys can build me the next prototype as long as you can do it for that price. Oh, and add a cabin, A/C and Genset.
There is not the weight you think, the hull of the sl44 weighs only 3990 lbs before rigging and our new one when we build again will be 2700 lbs before rigging.What we learned on the second hull was we way overbuilt it also .The sl44 I just sold weighed just under 8000 lbs dry fully rigged. The reason the arneson was the wrong choice on the first hull was becouse I did not know that we could not leverage the bow enough to get the performance we wanted without building some rocker into the hull, by installing bravo type drives will allow the boat to be leveraged more. The bravos we used on the second hull allowed it to be leveraged but I would like to see even more when we do the third one. The second boat performed way beyond what I thought it would with just 750 hp motors. it not only had the ride I wanted at speed it ate up big water better than any big V I had been in prior to building it. Remember the sl44 has a 42 ft true bottom with a 24 deg to 80 deg hull.It was built for big water and a good ride at speed and proved to be right on. If I wanted to build for just speed I would a different design on the hull and steps. WE ran the boat against many of the big brand names at Catalina and while they were faster in good water they could not stay with us when the water turned to 3+ ft . Each boat we build we learn from wheather its the 30 footers we send to alaska or the river jets we built. I have plans for a 38 ft with twin turbo 350's with a total weight of less than 5000 lbs but it may be a while before I can build it. WE will be doing a cabin in the next big boat .The first two were just built for me as go fast boats in big water for my personal use and as test platforms for future boats. Thanks Wayne
Old 12-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Rockit man , your boat is a great idea and I wish you the best of luck on building more in the future. A nice change of pace
Old 12-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Registered

aluminum won't get that soggy balsa core issue from water coming thru the engine hatches. or that gasoline leak in the side of the sponson from ethanol seeping thru that glass tank. and no transom repair. the disadvantage i see with aluminum is compound curvature is difficult and the chicks like these swoopy orange boats.

the bottom on an aluminum boat can sometimes be modified easily.

i look forward to seeing more of these aluminum boats.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Sutphen

Originally Posted by rockit man
Working with three serious buyers ,all have tradeins ..Hope to have something soon. Had lots of lowballers go figure !!!! its allready a giveaway. Have a guy with a 2005 32 ft Sutphin ,looks very clean ,single eng boat , wondering what it may be worth in todays market. Not a lot of info out there on these boats on the west coast. Thanks
Did he buy it ? yes, so congrats 2-u-both. and aluminum is awesome in boats ex: Cougars !

Last edited by I'CE; 12-30-2008 at 12:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.