If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    When is the boat going to be finished? You know there are a couple of poker runs coming up that could give you a chance to "Strut your feathers" so to speak

Cain Crew
    most of the engines i pull get the oil pan adapter before they go back in the boat...i have one of the jabsco bucket very well on most boats..i don't even thead it on, i just put the addapter right over the dip empties most engines in about 53 seconds...i've changed alot of oil with that pump (800 to 1000) love it and it will hold 2 motors worth of oil. makes it fast. I also have a brake bleeding hand pump screw it i the top of the drive and force most of the drive oil out the bottom in no time..i let it finish draining while I'm doing the fast fast...engine oil change$50 drive $35

My Boats:
    1998 PowerQuest 240 Antera SX
    Twin Lake, Michigan
    I have the blue Topsider Vaccum oil changer (thats on sale)and it works great. I have used it for about 5 years with no problems.
    Sure an electric one would be nice but about 20 pumps and walk away and have a beer. Alot cheaper than everything else out there.

Bowleys Quarters, Maryland
    Originally posted by 27Fountain

here is a link for the one I have, sorry its actually $18 Sydwayz23 installed one on his 26 sonic, said to make sure all oil is out and still tilt boat back, because their is still about 1/2 qt in motor.

27Fountain & Sydwayz23 for the info and advice

My Boats:
    1986 Cigarette
    Knoxville,TN, USA

oil drain systems

Buy the electric pump mounted on a five gallon can and attach a hose permanently to the pan. The pan hose will fit nicely onto the pump hose and it drains quickly and completely. Just turn on the electric pump and do other things ( for about 3-4 minutes only ) and then it's to the other motor.

Draining from the dipstick tube is painfully slow ( comparitively speaking ) and not very good at getting the entire pan drained. I tried the manual pump type several years ago and it works, sort of, but is slow and very laborious.

I think it is important to make oil changing as easy and efficient as possible. This promotes more regular oil changes which provides better engine life. Most people I've seen post on OSO are changing @ 20-25 hr intervals. At those intervals, ease of oil changes becomes more important than if changing @ 100 hrs.

Go electric !

Good luck.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345