Notices

Private Lending

Old 12-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that I have to explain myself, but for you experts who do not know my situation or say I am out of my league, Here it is. Daughter getting married and starting Med school in May, this would be my third boat and the financing was offered by owner. Don't need this one there are plenty others. Oh, and when you can rebuild your families life after losing everything you own to a storm in 3 years ago-- feel free to comment.
Happy Boating,
Scott
Old 12-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Registered

You could not have said it better, there are plenty of boats out there!
Everyone here is jumping on the buyer, how about jumping on the seller whom created the whole mess to begin with by offering financing!!!.
The buyer offered a good faith deposit of 6K, looks like now the seller is not going to get anything, but hey, he still as another boat!
To Tyecody, if i was you i wouldn't purchase the boat from him just for posting your private conversations.
Remember all the banks who had rufused to give you a loan, and never give them your businees again~!
Tye, save up the money, buy the boat in cash, then you do not have to worry about "shaddy sellers" either, and there are plenty of them around too..

Originally Posted by tyecody
Not that I have to explain myself, but for you experts who do not know my situation or say I am out of my league, Here it is. Daughter getting married and starting Med school in May, this would be my third boat and the financing was offered by owner. Don't need this one there are plenty others. Oh, and when you can rebuild your families life after losing everything you own to a storm in 3 years ago-- feel free to comment.
Happy Boating,
Scott
Old 12-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Registered

DONT DO IT!!! I have a buy here pay here car lot, sell 200-300 cars a year, my repo rate is 25%. Pull his credit, and take a look, it will tell a lot!!! Not saying this guy wont pay, he may very well be a great guy, but why risk it? You just have so much you need to look at, before lending money. When its all said and done, and you end up in court, you get nothing if he has nothing. A judgement means nothing to people with no assets. I have stacks of judgements. A roll of tissue paper to wipe my a** is worth more! Also keep in mind some states dont have titles for boats. Here in Georgia I can register your boat online, with no paperwork what so ever. He could give you a down payment, take the boat home and sell it, and never pay you another dime. Sorry if all this seems negative, but its what I do. I once loaned money on a jet ski to a "good customer" big mistake!! a month later it was in a pawn shop and he filed bankruptcy, it took me 6 months to get the truck he trashed back.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by primopup
You could not have said it better, there are plenty of boats out there!
Everyone here is jumping on the buyer, how about jumping on the seller whom created the whole mess to begin with by offering financing!!!.
The buyer offered a good faith deposit of 6K, looks like now the seller is not going to get anything, but hey, he still as another boat!
To Tyecody, if i was you i wouldn't purchase the boat from him just for posting your private conversations.
Remember all the banks who had rufused to give you a loan, and never give them your businees again~!
Tye, save up the money, buy the boat in cash, then you do not have to worry about "shaddy sellers" either, and there are plenty of them around too..
NOBODY JUMPED ON THE BUYER. If you can read maybe you should read this a little better.. I simply asked for help with providing financing for someone. To protect both of us. I NEVER said one thing against him. Everyone stated their opinion or past experiences. I offerd some financing. In my head it was someone that couldn't come up with all the money and needed a little help with a small part of it. The buyer asked me to sell him the boat for one price and give him a bill of sale(notorized) in another... Hey I am definately a team player when it comes to saving someone some money but living 1200 miles away, I went to a friend that owns a HUGE dealership and he pretty muched laughed at me and said I can't help you do that!! Your asking for trouble!! I didn't want to lose the sale so I said to myself "Self" Ask the great people at OSO for there advice.... Thus the 3 pages of opinions for some really successfull people I might add. NO where NO how did anyone bash Scott. No need for it. If you read one of my post I said" I should take the blame for offering financing" I didn't know that things could get so ugly... I never financed anything for anyone... Other then close friends... Family....
Please don't turn this into a bashing match... IT'S NOT!!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmareno
Dear Abbey.

Need some advice. I am selling a boat and I offered some financing. I am just selling the hull. I sold the motors to someone else.
All I am doing is unplugging the motors, pulling them out.. I am leaving the exhaust with the boat. He has tried to get a lone on it but it is older and most banks won't loan against it or are not even doing boat loans at this time.
My Dilemma: The guy lives 1200 miles away. I am selling it for 25k. I want to help him by holding the note. He says he can have it paid off by the end of 09' He wants to give me 6k down.. Finance the rest.
He also wants to have me write the bill of sale completely diferent then the note because of taxes in his state.
He seems really nice. Honest. He has a good job and does his wife... How do I write the note or bill of sale so if by chance he falls on hard times I can get it back or cover my A**..

Thanks Abbey,

Toooo Nice of a guy!
See if your read my post it says.. How do I write the note to cover my A**.. I never had intentions on NOT helping out just wanted some advice... I get so torqued when someone tries to stir the pot... Go back to where you came from "primopup" instead of trying to start chit..
Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered

Well said Mario. No ill feelings at all. We know where we stand and I will be in touch. Happy Holidays!!!!