Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ripped Off By H2omotorsports (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200094-ripped-off-h2omotorsports.html)

1OLDBOATER 12-14-2008 04:56 PM

here's the deal I'm an old school'r here and tend to trust
people to their word,

when I greet some for the first time, I always ask
how they are doing, I' never attcat them
or say
abrasive things to "go get um"so to speek

I do alot of business on the internet and have seen almost
all the scams,

but every now and then someone shows up with a new one,
and when they do, I tell people about it.

lets say you own a business and never pay none of the bills
rarly use your credit card so if there's a few charges on there
that don't belong, you never know, your employee just pays the balance and files the statement.

well what happened here was my wife had to pay the bills
(write out the checks) and sees this charge from canada

she calls me a ask'd what I bought??? nothing!!!!

so you see, everyone is trusting everyone, till it goes south

1OLDBOATER 12-14-2008 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2759185)
Get him Greg:ernaehrung004:

I notice the only threads he has had with both names were to say somebody is ripping him off.

yeah, go get him Greg,:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

Airpacker 12-15-2008 11:28 AM

do you suppose that because the charge was for a "different amount" that maybe your card was incorrectly charged for someone else's purchase of goods or services for the second amount?
I have known Jeff, al beit not well but known him for over 20 yrs and have never heard anyone complain that he ripped them off for anything. Could it be just an honest mistake? Did you even bother to call him and ask him personally why the charge on your card?

Griff 12-15-2008 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by 1OLDBOATER (Post 2759160)
thats what I thought when I started dealing with him,that he would be ok cause I had seen him sell on here before.

then, things went south,we canceled the deal, then 4 months later he runs my card again for a different amount hoping that the bookeeper would'nt notice and just pay the bill.

something tells me he's done this before

So how do you know it wasn't an honest mistake????????

Maybe his "bookeeper" ran it by mistake.

1OLDBOATER 12-15-2008 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 2759638)
do you suppose that because the charge was for a "different amount" that maybe your card was incorrectly charged for someone else's purchase of goods or services for the second amount?
I have known Jeff, al beit not well but known him for over 20 yrs and have never heard anyone complain that he ripped them off for anything. Could it be just an honest mistake? Did you even bother to call him and ask him personally why the charge on your card?

yep, call him and he was the one that did it! thats what set me off, he's mak'n me go thru all the crap to get it removed when all he had to do was credit my account.

TOMMY HIWAVE 12-15-2008 05:31 PM

close

1OLDBOATER 12-15-2008 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by TOMMY HIWAVE (Post 2759824)
close

???

TEAMBAJA 12-15-2008 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by TOMMY HIWAVE (Post 2759824)
close

the door? :confused:

1OLDBOATER 12-15-2008 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2759850)
the door? :confused:

wouldn't it of been easier for you not to open it?

Boomer35 12-15-2008 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by spazboz (Post 2758869)
Man, if you're looking for sympathy from us in your situation, maybe try being NICER to everybody. OSO is a community of AWESOME people, who are very understanding and compasionate. IMO you approached this WAY wrong. You will not last long in this company if you keep on like you are.

Its only been app. 20 posts, and I already could care less about your dealings.

Have a great day, this will be the only contact you will have with me unless you choose to fly a little straighter here!

Nick

I dont really think this guy was anything but nice, right from his first innocent post he got jumped by the "you havent posted enough OSO mob", personally i think that whole thing is stupid, yes if you have low post it might be a red flag to be weary of a stranger, but this guy was doing nothing more than trying to out a crook, whats wrong with that?