Notices

Anyone using Deisels?

Old 03-16-2002, 09:54 PM
moallen

Default Anyone using Deisels?

Anyone else out there running Diesels ? I know they use alot less fuel and run alot less rpms. I Bought a 34' boat with twin 7.3 turbo diesels with surface drives turning a 21x26 inch prop. I hope this setup will be dependable. A woman does not know how fast you are running, but She knows when you are broken down at the dock. Allen
Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Deisels?-bothmotors.jpg  

Old 03-16-2002, 10:15 PM
moallen

Default Surface drives

It is a 34 ft vee hull . not a hot boat but will run 62mph and weights 13,500 lbs has Gen ,air, and a cabin . The drives are Simplicity out of Fla. They look alittle like these. Allen

Old 03-16-2002, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this cruiser was movin!!

Florida Powerboat club in their Winter 2002 news mag had this to say about the Key West 2000 Poker run.

Steve Lankfer and crew leads the pack across Biscayne Bay in our offical paceboat, Green Wing II, a 77mph diesel powered Hy-Lite 55' offshore cruiser.

Dont know any other details but maybe some one on here does.

Mark
Old 03-16-2002, 11:03 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

My uncle is running a single volvo diesel in his 40ish Dorado. The power is split from the single engine to dual volvo duo props. The boat tops out around 35, but it has an incredibly smooth ride-even from the top of a 20' tall tuna tower. Man, those drives sure hook fast-you just drop it into gear and the boat starts to move. Very responsive.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:09 AM
moallen

Default Thanks for the input

Did I also say I have surface drives 21 x 26 props

Old 03-17-2002, 09:19 AM
FWK

Hi Allen what tyoe of boat is it I have a freind that is looking for a deisel powered sport boat also. Now for the stereo upgrades. (just kidding) Tell more about the boat. congratulations Forrest

Old 03-17-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered

I always thought it would be cool, to buy a 36 skater. Put Yamar diesels in it, with 4 speed transmissions.

Once you got it dialed in I bet it would break 100mph no problem.

Curtis
Old 03-17-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Default You Lucky Dog!!!

I'd love to have a couple kerosene burners in my boat, but there isn't room for two 8.3 Cummins in the engine bay. I prefer inline 6 diesels such as the Cummins or Cat 3126B's, but pretty much any diesel is SUPERIOR to a gasser, and surface drives are less prone to breakdowns, plus I think they perform better in many applications. I can attest to the speed of the "Green Wing" I could barely take him with my much lighter gas powered Avenger, last year at the Smoke On The Water poker run.

How about posting some pics of the boat?
Old 03-17-2002, 11:49 AM
moallen

Default hold the Jokes:)

Ok ,so I will be banished from the web site; but, it is a Fast Sport Fisherman. Solid one inch thick hull. It also has a diesel generator, all fresh water cooled. 40mph at 1800 rpms... Allen
Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Deisels?-androsfreshcr.jpg  

Old 03-17-2002, 01:16 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

as long as its fast and can handle snotty water its cool in my book

Quick Reply: Anyone using Deisels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.