Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 zr vs 38 lightning :) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200142-38-zr-vs-38-lightning.html)

blackcat083 07-15-2009 12:28 PM

The fountain is a solid performing boat , If you aren't willing to dish out the cash for a pantera or a cigarette i would buy a fountain .... That donzi zr is one of the worst large sports boats i've ever been in

Gladhe8er 07-15-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by blackcat083 (Post 2910778)
The fountain is a solid performing boat , If you aren't willing to dish out the cash for a pantera or a cigarette i would buy a fountain .... That donzi zr is one of the worst large sports boats i've ever been in

Looks liek this one is back from the dead:food-smiley-007:

I would like to throw the 388 Hustler, 40 Hallett & 39 LaveyCraft into the mix!

bluellama 07-15-2009 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by blackcat083 (Post 2910778)

What didn't you like about the ZR? What drive/power combo did it have?

Dean Ferry 12-23-2009 04:28 PM

So what's the verdict, Fountain or Donzi? The only thing I don't like about the Fountain is the left hand throttles, other than that I think they make a great boat. The Donzi looks AWESOME and the performance #'s seem to be there.... just not alot of info on the Donzi's 38 ZRs.
Dean

HotSpare 12-24-2009 10:30 AM

Go Ruff ...........

Top speed don't mean squat, especially when its only a few mile an hr ....... It sounds great at the dock, but the rough rider's going to be the faster boat in reallity ..... Back in 03, when Donzi campained the ZRC it was slower than any of the fountains in the kilo runs, but smoked everything on the race course, completly domminated ...... That's when I saw the light ............LOL...

OL40SVX 12-24-2009 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bullhead (Post 2761575)
As far as size the 38ZR falls in between the 38 and 42 lightnings....if you are going to use the Donzi ZRC as comparison than I guess you have to us the Fountain 42PR ( I don't think that Fountain makes a 38PR) Fountain sent a 42PR to europe this past summer with Merc 662's that ran 115 at the factory...in the big water racing P1 circuit the 38Donzi ruled until the Fountain showed up

Just quoting a past post here, They ruled until Outerlimits showed up!!:D:D Back on topic the Donzi 38 ZR is a great boat. They handle and run great!

Beak Boater 12-24-2009 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by HotSpare (Post 3011523)
Top speed don't mean squat, especially when its only a few mile an hr ....... It sounds great at the dock,

Your are so right about the dock, when you get passed on the water its a different story.:evilb::drink::evilb:

Mastercraft240 12-24-2009 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 3011545)
Just quoting a past post here, They ruled until Outerlimits showed up!!:D:D Back on topic the Donzi 38 ZR is a great boat. They handle and run great!

:point:Dan.... you don't have to promote outerlimits every chance you get. It gets a little old-- though I agree with your statement.

OL40SVX 12-24-2009 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3011691)
:point:Dan.... you don't have to promote outerlimits every chance you get. It gets a little old-- though I agree with your statement.

Are you serious??? Go back to the little Kryptonite forum!:D:D I was responding to an older post a while later since now Outerlimits/OSG is the P1 champions!! Also that the 38 Donzi is a very nice boat!

Mastercraft240 12-25-2009 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 3011717)
Are you serious??? Go back to the little Kryptonite forum!:D:D I was responding to an older post a while later since now Outerlimits/OSG is the P1 champions!! Also that the 38 Donzi is a very nice boat!

Ahh, agreed Donzi is a nicer boat. No need to show your jealousy of wanting a Kryptonite. I'll make you a Kryptonite hat and shirt so you can ditch that 10 year old worn out raggy cigarette wear.....:lolhit: