Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 zr vs 38 lightning :) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200142-38-zr-vs-38-lightning.html)

BAJA WILL 12-13-2008 12:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Both very nice, but it depends on what is more important. The 38 Fountain will flat run circles around the Donzi. Talking 96+ MPH with 525 and ITS. Their is no question Fountain Performance is #1, comfort is #2. Really depends on what is more important to you, comfort or Performance?:hitfan:

DaveP 12-13-2008 12:52 PM

My first choice would be a Donzi 38ZRC sit down
Next would be a 38ZR
If I had a choice outside of Fountain or Donzi....
38 Top Gun ot 37 Stilleto Outerlimits

OL40SVX 12-13-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2758676)
I think the Fountain will handle better in the ruff !!!!!!

I have seen them run over 100 in 4-6 footers like on rails .:D

The full canopy race boats are totally different animals than the pleasure boats. This goes the same for the ZRC. Since Mike is talking pleaure boats I can only comment on the Donzi because I have never been in a 38 Fountain. The Donzi 38 ZR is a great running boat in all types of water. They run very well in the rough. Mike, I'd suggest since you'll be coming out of the EC that you should look at the 42 Fountain as well. Great ride and speed.

mikebrls 12-13-2008 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2758704)
The full canopy race boats are totally different animals than the pleasure boats. This goes the same for the ZRC. Since Mike is talking pleaure boats I can only comment on the Donzi casue I have never been in a 38 Fountain. The Donzi 38 ZR is a great running boat in all types of water. They run very well in the rough. Mike, i'd suggest since you'll be coming out of the EC that you should look at the 42 Fountain as well. Great ride and speed.

thats what i have come to see . 42 vs 38 :) would be more compairable.
thank's
mike

mikebrls 12-13-2008 01:50 PM

so let's change the question
38 zr -vs- 42 ex or lightning .
thank's
mike

Bullhead 12-13-2008 02:31 PM

I owned an 07 38 zr and now own a 09 42 lightning.....I think both boats handle the rough very well but they ride different...the Donzi turned flater while the Fountain leans more in the turns....the Fountain has more freeboard so you feel more secure, but passengers in the back seat of the Donzi can see whats coming up and you really can't in the Fountain...when the Donzi was fully trimmed out, the back felt a little loose compared to the Fountain...honestly in a small chop the Donzi at 90 (525's) was almost boring.....at the same time the Fountain at 105 (700's) truly does not feel like you are going that fast....in the real rough I like the Fountain, it just feels more solid to me....both are great boats but I would defintely go 700's with either if you can

Detail Toyz 12-13-2008 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 2758712)
so let's change the question
38 zr -vs- 42 ex or lightning .
thank's
mike

And if you compare those two this thread is as good as done. There is no comparison. Its not even worth talking about. Thats like comparing a nfl team to a college team. Everyone knows who wins this.

TeamSaris 12-13-2008 02:58 PM

The 42 Ex is my favorite Fountain, strickly by looks though. Ive never ran one.

spilman 12-13-2008 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Detail Toyz (Post 2758736)
And if you compare those two this thread is as good as done. There is no comparison. Its not even worth talking about. Thats like comparing a nfl team to a college team. Everyone knows who wins this.

Yup, I'm also assuming the Donzi is that much better....
Nobody would want to ride (on) a fountain in 4-6's....