If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Offshoreonly Advertiser Offshoreonly Advertiser's Avatar
    My Boats:
    MYSTIC Catamarans, Center Consoles & Great Selection Of Used Boats

47 Sc

Yes, we had the boat and it sat outside without a cover partially thru the winter. The boat is a deal at 59K but you may want to check the compression. The boat had standing water in it while at our shop sitting outside and came to us from previous owner with standing water in it. The payments were not made on the boat and storage was not paid for so the owner transferred the boat to Larson marine in Waukegan, IL where it sat outside for another two years and was eventually repossessed. I do not remember anything structurally worng with boat and GSC is certainly good at what they do and ethical. You may want to check the stringers becasue this boat also sat in the water for a long period of time before we got it becasue it had no trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by grandsport1 View Post

This boat is a great deal. It is a bank repo, and has sat in storage for 2 years. The bank had us perform a full 100-hour service on all motors and drives. Mechanically, everything works, including the generator.

Taking into account the boat having sat in storage, and considering the age, this boat does show some wear. The cockpit interior needs a good detail and some touch-ups.

We believe Shogren sold this boat once "back-in-the-day", but I'll ignore his other comments as they appear to be unfounded. We checked through this boat and don't find evidence of what he is claiming.

Also, considering that ABOS wholesale is 80k+ and the bank is asking $59,900 or a reasonable offer, I would venture to say this would be a good deal for somebody.

Any questions, e-mail us at "[email protected]" or call us at 847-458-6488.

Team Grand Sport Center

My Boats:
    20 Donzi Minx, 18 Donzi Classic
    Darien, CT
    This boat spent several years on LI and was stored at Falcon Hi-Performance. I knew the owner and the boat was rarely used... I haven't seen it in years, but when it was in NY, it was well maintained.

My Boats:
    42 Fountain
    Montgomery, Texas
    Seems like if the bank or luidator had a survey done, and it passed, someone would be jumping on it.

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
    Lake Conroe, TX.
    There are a lot of boats out there right now.

A decent deal now is going to make you kick yourself in the nads around the middle of the summer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123